Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Tail Light Captured Nuts

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
Hi all just a quick, hopefully easy question. Where can I purchase some of the plastic captured nuts that hold the 2010 VE SSV Ute tail lights in place, (see image). I'm upgrading the bulbs to LEDs and only have the originals on the left side not the right. Pain in the ass trying to get standard nuts in to secure. Sorry if this has already been covered in a thread elsewhere but couldn't find anything after searching. Cheers Andy

Attachments

• 20220328_121826.jpg
    20220328_121826.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 118

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can't help you but I need to change the housing in mine. Does the above picture not come off and needs to be replaced if fitting a new housing? I'm yet to remove mine but want to be equipped for when I do. Have you tried Motors?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi all just a quick, hopefully easy question. Where can I purchase some of the plastic captured nuts that hold the 2010 VE SSV Ute tail lights in place, (see image). I'm upgrading the bulbs to LEDs and only have the originals on the left side not the right. Pain in the ass trying to get standard nuts in to secure. Sorry if this has already been covered in a thread elsewhere but couldn't find anything after searching. Cheers Andy
Try Holden spare parts, or a wreckers.
Can't help you but I need to change the housing in mine. Does the above picture not come off and needs to be replaced if fitting a new housing? I'm yet to remove mine but want to be equipped for when I do. Have you tried Motors?
They're just plastic mouldings with a nut encapsulated at one end. There's 3 per rear tail light. Reusable.
They are shaped like that for access in the ute tail light area. Uses a 12mm or 13mm socket to loosen/tighten.

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
Cheers Imoengnr, I've tried local wreckers with no luck, but haven't tried Holden Spare parts yet. Might give Motors a call, was hoping for a online option as there always cheaper than a dealerships lol Thanks

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
Get a Rivnut kit from
Supercheap and JB Weld the
appropriate size in place.
Put the JB Weld spareingly
around the body of the rivnut and push into place.
Make sure none gets on the inner thread.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Get a Rivnut kit from
The nuts aren't captured in the car, they're special nuts that screw onto studs moulded into the tail light assembly.
They have an extended plastic shank, because access to 2 of them is a bit awkward.

Andys GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF GTS LSA
Get a Rivnut kit from
That's a very good idea, I already have a rivnut that will fit, just need to JB weld onto an appropriate tube to take the long bolt shaft with hex head at the other end and bingo. I recon I can sort that. Thanks for the idea. Cheers Andy