Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Transmission Servicing ?

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Hi All
My VE 3.0 is coming up to 130,000. Does anyone know about Transmission servicing? I've always had my log book services completed and oil changed every 7-9000k's (timing cain still redone at 125000)however nothing is ever mentioned about transmission servincing.
Question, what is completed during a trans service and at what Km's should you look at getting it done?
I saw a vidio once where small metal filings were removed from the trans case magnet.
My wagon isnt having any trans issue, just curious and like to be proactive on maintenance.
Cheers

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
Holden say the transmission is “filled for life” and no service is required.

Cough cough bullshit cough

Itcan be done at most garage mechanics now.
Its a relative simple job.
It’s just drop the trans sump off, swap out the filter, and put it all back together and refill.
There is a magnet on the sumps inside for picking up the smallest filings, shavings of metal in the oil. Just about every car will have some.

I personally have my trans serviced every 50k, but that’s just my choice as I’m all about preventative maintenance also.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Definitely recommend - manual suggests 150k, but in my opinion, should have been done at least twice before it reaches 150k

Involves removing the pan, draining the fluid contained within (dexron 6) and replacing the pickup filter

Fairly involved process, as when you refil the trans and check the fluid level, it must be within a fairly narrow temperature range (55 to 80 or so)

A auto trans shop should charge no more than $300 - $350 drive in, drive out

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Find a decent shop and get it done

davekell

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 calais ve sportswagon
I have a ve calais. Just had transmission fluid changed at 100 thousand kms.
Transmission wasnt doing anything wrong. But now just feels better.
A must to do. Not expensive and i will be getting mine done every 50 thousand.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
yes pete i have it be 2 years 23rd may up at adamstown car doctors
they use wynns, it flushes 10 ltrs through the tranny ,converter i had no problems this is from there site https://www.adamstowncardoctors.com.au/

Automatic Transmission Transfusion
As per manufacturer’s specifications or recommendation, automatic transmission fluid changes are recommended at regular intervals for optimum performance and longevity, helping to prevent common transmission failures causing by fluid contamination and poor fluid quality.

Using Wynn’s™ Automatic Transmission Flusher Kit, over ten litres of fluid are flushed through the system, including the torque converter, replacing over 95% of old fluid unlike common drain-and-refill procedures. The Automatic Transmission Transfusion cleans out sludge build up and varnish deposits and conditions the transmission for smoother shifting and improved fuel economy.

Power Steering System Service

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I would say a lot of people don`t know about it.

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
I have done my mates ls1 berlina the other weekend changed filter cleaned pan and then filled then flushed through 12 litres till it ran clear and also my Prado both autos where fairly clean until the flush and what came out was a solid 6 litres of what could be described as diesel sump oil, a bit of research into it if they have high klms or are starting to slip flushing will only dislodge gunk and completely ruin them but from the 2 cars I done had great results