Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE unlock alarm

SuperMel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 VZ 06
Hi,
I have a 2007 VE and the battery in the key is dead. I have to lock at and unlock it using the key and everytime i unlock it the alarms sounds . I then have to put the key in the ignition and turn it to stop the alarm . Is there a way to bypass this so i can continue to a unlock my car using the key entry without the alarm doing off?
I was sent a new genuine GM fob from the guy I bought the car from, I have managed to put the blade on it but also have no idea how to program it to the car.
Any hellooo would be appreciated. Cheers

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Hi,
I have a 2007 VE and the battery in the key is dead. I have to lock at and unlock it using the key and everytime i unlock it the alarms sounds . I then have to put the key in the ignition and turn it to stop the alarm . Is there a way to bypass this so i can continue to a unlock my car using the key entry without the alarm doing off?
I was sent a new genuine GM fob from the guy I bought the car from, I have managed to put the blade on it but also have no idea how to program it to the car.
Any hellooo would be appreciated. Cheers
Why don’t you just replace the batteries in the key?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I would guess that you might have a hard time if you don’t have a working key to start with. Mister Minit can do duplicate keys but I’m not sure about what they can do if you don’t have a working original key.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Search the forum! The VE key fob has a transponder in it that need to be removed and glued in to the new fob, with the original blade.

Probably should have posted this in the VE forum...

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Make sure the Key Head has a Chip in it, and the Electronics is working correctly and the battery is ok,
Find a Competent JC Member that can assist you to program it in for you.