Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Update MY09 Good & Bad Points

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Window switches understand now, believe due to them breaking on the ends easily they put dividers in. Bluetooth I swear never had that option. With the centre cluster screen when you changed your radio it would always change in the centre but only at the top, never remember it taking up the full screen. And the white LCD I think is new. But I have been driving and MY08.5 Berlina Sportwagon so maybe these changes have already been in place on that model and I thought that’s how they always were. The only early model I drove was a 07 SV6 and that was too long ago to remember what it all looked like.

Good spotting!:thumbsup:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I notice in the middle picture, that the outside air temp and inside temp settings are displayed.

Is there a setting which shows them in the Omega by any chance?

Cheers.

Mike.

Only if you have climate control.

Window switches understand now, believe due to them breaking on the ends easily they put dividers in. Bluetooth I swear never had that option. With the centre cluster screen when you changed your radio it would always change in the centre but only at the top, never remember it taking up the full screen. And the white LCD I think is new. But I have been driving and MY08.5 Berlina Sportwagon so maybe these changes have already been in place on that model and I thought that’s how they always were. The only early model I drove was a 07 SV6 and that was too long ago to remember what it all looked like.

Good spotting!:thumbsup:

The 07 had the option to show it in the middle of the screen, speedo would disappear and show volume/disc/radio etc then appear again. It was in the options menu to enable and disable this. The white LCD screen is new too, they used to be green.

The other thing I noticed with the climate is that on the old one when you pressed outside temperature it would display it but as soon as you adjust any setting (other than the temp)
it would disappear and to show it again you would have to press the button again. Where as this one it stays up there until you press the button again. I hope that made sense.

Also the mode where all dash lights turn off you have an option to light up the tacho lights or not when activated. If your not sure what I mean, press the top two buttons above the headlight switch at the same time. At night it will turn off all dash lights except your speedo, but in the options you can have it so only tacho and speedo light up in this mode. It's a cool trick at night people don't know whats going on thinking all the lights have gone out for no reason, lol.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
You know what S...s me?

When you buy a new car, ask for a particular feature and are told it's not available! Not once, twice, three or four times but 5.

Then, 13 months down the track and you ask the dealer if the feature is available and they say yes.:bang:

That's what happended today.

Yes Sir! We can fit an LSD to your car for $3200! For F---k sake!

I buy a VE with the "Country Pack" and they say it can't be fitted with an LSD; LSD is only available with sports suspension.

But now; yeah that's cool!:bang:

So all my emails to Holden before buying the car were worthless. the Holden web site is wrong? The sellers / dealers are wrong? Or is the dealer now wrong!:whistling