Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE ute front end conversion to Grange???

PHaSR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LUMINA
Hi guys,

Anyone done this at all?

Would be keen if I secure a ute on my next ride to give it a go.

(had the bumper etc off on my VZ quite a bit and willing to possibly undertake more work of this nature on my next ride.)

Also love the beefy look of the grange but dont want a sedan again. Also like the standard headlights on the Grange over the Calais style/size.

Would the sizing between grange Front end and the Holden ute or HSV Maloo ute be similar (width wise, obviously mounting spots would be different clips etc)

If anyone has done something like this I would love to see some pics or get any tips for taking on this type of project.

Jimbov8

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman 6L
As far as i know you'd have to change the whole front end basically from guards to bonnet light's front bar and as far as mounting point's I'm not sure they would be the same either. Would be a big job I'm thinking...

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
It all fits, you nead gaurds, bonnet, lights, bar and a few other things, its worth about 10k. You can do it all to caprice for 5k ish.no paint.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I've seen this done on older generation wagons & utes. Gave them a very different look, which I'm not opposed to.

Not sure if the results would be as fitting on the VE (Holden or HSV) but it would be very different... If you went the whole hog & put the Grange interior (Pretty sure they have different door skins, etc) less the dash, it would be a pretty special thing. Uber luxo ute!

PHaSR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LUMINA
TinSnips :that would be great (not really into copying ideas, but havent seen anyone here that had done it and I love the style of older utes that have had bling grilles and statesman bonnets etc and would like to translate that sort of look to the VE/Maloo look), and im thinkin while being a bit gaudy and big, if it was done on the maloo it already has a fat stance and a big booty to balance it out.

Swingn_Wasabi :That was kinda my thinking, seen this kinda thing done on a lot of older utes with statesman bonnets and bumpers etc.
I love the front bar and lights of the grange, but kinda want a maloo/ute as my next car. The interior is an excellent idea also (im not made of money tho unfortunately) but once the right car purchased and the front end done would logically take the next steps in looking for further weekender/sleepless night projects

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Would be a big job but certainly possible. I agree with tinsnips about it being kind of bulky looking. Maybe a VE senator front might work. Not quite as aggressive as the Grange but would look less front heavy.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
So you wanna buy a grange and put a stocko VE front end on it???? Ummm ok. Straight forward bolt on affair really.

Grumpyoldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS-V Z Sedan Perfect Blue
No. He has a VE Ute and wants to put a Grange front end on it