Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ute fuel pump module location

Babyface

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt
Please help!!
I have an 06 ve omega 3.6 ute
Was running well but sat for a while. Tried jump starting it and it cranks but won’t fire. Not throwing any codes.
I can’t hear fuel pump operating at all so I sprayed aerostart down throttle body and sure enough it fired momentarily.
I can assume it’s fuel pump now so I have checked all fuses,relay etc and all seem fine.
I have exposed the fuel pump and sender unit above fuel tank and with ignition on I tested the wiring to the pump and it is getting nothing? What could it be? The only thing I can think of is a fuel pump module unit but no idea where it’s located on the utes??
I know it’s under battery tray in sedans and wagons but ute tray is in cab and fixed to floor.

Any input is extremely appreciated as it is now doing my head in.

Was going to buy another fuel pump but seems pointless if the connector isn’t getting power with the ignition on…
TIA

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Please help!!
I have an 06 ve omega 3.6 ute
Was running well but sat for a while. Tried jump starting it and it cranks but won’t fire. Not throwing any codes.
I can’t hear fuel pump operating at all so I sprayed aerostart down throttle body and sure enough it fired momentarily.
I can assume it’s fuel pump now so I have checked all fuses,relay etc and all seem fine.
I have exposed the fuel pump and sender unit above fuel tank and with ignition on I tested the wiring to the pump and it is getting nothing? What could it be? The only thing I can think of is a fuel pump module unit but no idea where it’s located on the utes??
I know it’s under battery tray in sedans and wagons but ute tray is in cab and fixed to floor.

Any input is extremely appreciated as it is now doing my head in.

Was going to buy another fuel pump but seems pointless if the connector isn’t getting power with the ignition on…
TIA
Have you inspected the harness plug to the fuel pump?
This is the usual failure point, see if it has got hot and distorted, and check the pins.

Babyface

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt
Have you inspected the harness plug to the fuel pump?
This is the usual failure point, see if it has got hot and distorted, and check the pins.
Yes plug connector seems fine, pins are good. Tested each wire leading to the connector and none are live when ignition is first turned on which tells me it must be further back toward the battery/fuse box??…..