Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Ute Sound System Quote $2400

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
You can add a sub, and it not be overly visual. A sub is an essential part of an audio set up. It's not just there to shake the car, it's designed to produce the lower frequencies that your Midrange/Tweeters can't provide..Without it, you won't hear the music being re-produced in all detail...As far as Dynamat goes, I havent seen any of the VE's factory deadning, but Dynamat is always a good idea, if you can afford that little bit extra. But by no means $700 for 2 doors...

sv6_driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 60th Anniversary
Went into another audio shop and asked for something to compete with the previous system. He offered mb quart speakers and rockford amp again now in a 4 channel amp, he insisted on an amp just in a box behind the passenger controlled by a bass volume controller mounted neatly in the car. He suggested dynamat around the speakers but not throughout the entire door. And offered the entire setup for just under $2000.

He also offered a very simple $300 job, if i wanted to avoid the amp and sub. He'd simply replace the speakers in the car with 6.5" mb quart speakers of a slightly lower quality than in the $2000 package.

$2000 is well within my budget, and the process sounded quite neat. Would i be looking at a better package for my money now do you think if i went and spend the 2000 dollars?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Let me get this right, all your getting for 2grand, is a pair of speakers and an amp installed, right??

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
hang on, do i read this right? $2400 for a set of splits an amp and some dynomat?

this joint must be on everest cus they can see everyone coming!!

First question, why do you need a 4 channel amp if all your running is splits and no sub?

Second question, how did they come to $1650 just for parts, T162S-$399RRP + T600-4=$730RRP

now unless my maths is shithouse thats only $1130?? what wiring costs $520?!?

dude, stay away from that joint...

Get someone that knows about stereos to go with you, seriously for $2500 i'd be expecting atleast 1 good quailty sub, 7" indash touch screen headunit, an amp and out of this world splits, installed..

Last edited:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
May i suggest a few bottles of NOS and a runway instead, would sound just as nice:whistling

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Honestly, I'd just go for a $500 fosgate amp, and $300 for a pair of mb quart splits. (thats what i paid for mine close to a year ago, may have gone up since).
$70 for a wiring kit, and a few hundred for installation.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Pioneer have designed a shallow mount sub designed to fit under your seat, tight spaces etc.

Here's a link: Pioneer USA - Shallow Mount

I reckon you would get a much better system for that ammount of money, and just install yourself it isn't that hard just read up on amp installation wiring diagrams etc.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Would like to see what you end up doing and how much it costs.

Ive also got the VE ute and was quoted $2100 by autobarn for a sub and two new speakers.

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
kuzman89 i think autobarn is killing you! haha but my mate went to a joint in adelaide and for $1500 got a pioneer headunit, splits up the front with the sweetest tweeters!! and some 6x9s in the parcel shelf all running off a clarion 800 watt amp... they chrged him $350 instalation for ALL that gear.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
You can contact Phatt Audio Concepts:

Unit 1, 11 Heland Place. Braeside. VIC
Phone: (03) 9580 1282
Fax: (03) 9580 1283

They are serious guys!