Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ute write off reassessment?

Discussion in 'Spray Painting and Panel Beating' started by WhiteSv6Ute, Mar 3, 2015.

1. WhiteSv6Ute

WhiteSv6Ute Member

Members Ride:
    Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
    Hi Guys I was just wondering if any one in the panel beating business could tell me if its possible to get a car re-assed for why it has been labelled as a stat write off as the first assessor from a insurance company wont tell me why or show me a report, I have had other people look in trade look over the car and can not see why it would be?

thanks if any one can help on the subject would be greatly appreciated can upload photos if that helps. :)

2. B-Man

B-Man Member

Members Ride:
    VY Calais S2
    basically what this says
    Written off vehicles - Get a NSW registration - Registration - Roads - Roads and Maritime Services

it differs in States, also note that the insurance company or repair facility are liable if it has another crash and doesnt do what it is meant to.
    images would help to see why it might be a stat writeoff

3. WhiteSv6Ute

WhiteSv6Ute Member

Members Ride:
    Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
    I’m in Queensland and I would be fixing it myself as there is no structural damage to my knowledge just cosmetic and mechanical, this is why I would like to know if it can be reassessed as I thought a stat write of is if a certain amount of structural points have been damaged and if it is under that amount of structural damage it is a repairable or economical write off? I will upload some pictures when I finish work. Also it was a front end hit but was mainly damage from a tow ball that when threw the bumper support that took out the radiator and support then the tray peeled back my bonnet and right hand side guard.

4. hi_ryder

hi_ryder Donating Member

Members Ride:
    vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
    post pics.

also if the quarter panel needs to be changed it has to be done in one piece. full door jamb to A-pillar which means roof skin off and dash out. theyle make it a parts car if the structural damage is too much.... could be damage thats not visible unless its properly inspected....

5. WhiteSv6Ute

WhiteSv6Ute Member

Members Ride:
    Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
    Ill try get pictures up to night but there is no damage like that just the bonnet peeled up, the right hand guard/fender got crunched and half the bumper got smashed but to me this is all cosmetic and all the structrual parts are still straight and not crunched, bent or torn.

6. EYY

EYY Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VS Statesman
  7. Grennan

Grennan Slayer of Stupid Threads

Members Ride:
    VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
    Youre kidding right? That thing is dead as a door nail.

Could be A pillar damage (easiest way to write a VE off). The rails could be bent.

8. _R_J_K_

_R_J_K_ Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Zenki S14
    That's massive damage, I'd dare say that the strut tower has moved.

9. VK SL 3800

VK SL 3800 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VK SL 5spd
    It would be interesting to see it with all the superficial damage removed, its looks like a pretty high hit which would just tare the rad support and bonnet away like tin foil until it hits something solid.

The area in the front drivers corner looks to be the main concern, a quick way to check the chassis rails is to measure center to center of the wheels front to back on both sides. If it measures up ok then chances are the chassis rails are ok but its not fool proof, and it doesnt show strut tower damage.

Some more pictures with all the damaged crap removed would be good, in that pic the pedestrian bar behind the bumper doesnt appear to have even moved which is a good sign for the chassis rails.

No question about it being an insurance write off though.

10. hi_ryder

hi_ryder Donating Member

Members Ride:
    vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
    yeah thats cooked bro. let it go to the auctions....