Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve V6 2008 miner misfire/ chucking under accelaration

Alec Price

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 sports wagon LY7
I’ve checked vacuum lines and they all seam good, do you think it could be injectors playing up as I’m struggling to except the cats are cactus as the car has only done 212ks and I’ve never had to replace a cat before

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
No idea about injectors, I've never had to replace injectors... If all else fails some good injector cleaner might help a bit

Alec Price

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 sports wagon LY7
Hey guys, still need help. Just replaced both cats, previously replaced inlet gasket, cleaned and replaced throttle body gasket, new plugs, coil packs and checked vacuum hoses. It still throws up that cat bank two is below thread hold and chugs when in top gear in low speed. I have no idea leaving to drive to the Gold Coast from Geelong in ten days

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Well isn't the MAF, TPS, ICA all connected to the 02 sensors? maybe its running to rich or to lean, how's your air intake and filter, not blocked, no leaks after the MAF. Are your plug leads good, maybe its worth testing your injectors with a multimeter.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Well isn't the MAF, TPS, ICA all connected to the 02 sensors? maybe its running to rich or to lean, how's your air intake and filter, not blocked, no leaks after the MAF. Are your plug leads good, maybe its worth testing your injectors with a multimeter.

Plug leads on an alloytec motor?

Alec Price

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 sports wagon LY7
Got me a little confused too. Just about to take the evap solenoid out to test. If that didn’t fix it then a match will

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hey guys, still need help. Just replaced both cats, previously replaced inlet gasket, cleaned and replaced throttle body gasket, new plugs, coil packs and checked vacuum hoses. It still throws up that cat bank two is below thread hold and chugs when in top gear in low speed. I have no idea leaving to drive to the Gold Coast from Geelong in ten days

I'd be looking at the injectors. Cats work by heat but get them to hot and they can melt the guts out of em. The PCM monitors how the cats are working via the O2 sensors. Seeing as you have covered the ignition system fairly well the most likely issue is on the fuel side. A clogged or leaking injector could well be the cause.

A simple test would be to swap the injectors over to the other bank and then see if the fault moves with them.