Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve v6 alloytech cold start rattle

sal.gat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 series 2
Hello guys I have a issue with my v6 llt alloytech rattles for a few seconds on start up. I have done everything to make sure this motor is healthy had a few different mechanics look and can’t figure it out.
It’s got a full chain,gasket and seal kit put in no sludge build up at all very clean motor sump has been dropped cleaned and new seals. The cars still rattles on start up is there anything else that could be causing low oil pressure on start up. Might run thicker oil? 10w 40 full synthetic nulon

H

harrop.senator

Thicker oil will help with pressure but the other oil flows faster so hard to say if will be an upgrade. Has the oil pump been replaced? Lifters might be bleeding down over night too?

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Hello guys I have a issue with my v6 llt alloytech rattles for a few seconds on start up. I have done everything to make sure this motor is healthy had a few different mechanics look and can’t figure it out.
It’s got a full chain,gasket and seal kit put in no sludge build up at all very clean motor sump has been dropped cleaned and new seals. The cars still rattles on start up is there anything else that could be causing low oil pressure on start up. Might run thicker oil? 10w 40 full synthetic nulon

The noise is usually due to the chain tensioners not being able to get oil pressure quick enough on start-up. If you've got new chains, the correct oil and a sludge-free motor, it might be a tensioner issue itself or oil pump as others have said.

Last edited: