Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve v6 Manual conversion

Joshedney

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Hey guys, I’m converting my ve v6 from auto to manual and people are telling me different things about the computer. I have a 6spd TR6060 box, I have all the manual computer and wiring for the gear box but Some are saying that to run properly Holden needs to reprogram the car to marry it all together another mechanic is saying he can do with snap on type scan tools, what is the truth??
Also instead of reprogramming the computers and marrying things together can I just buy a manual ecu and plug it in and run the manual box and computer and wiring and will that stop any issues?? Any help would be great before I go ahead with the swap , thanks.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Hey guys, I’m converting my ve v6 from auto to manual and people are telling me different things about the computer. I have a 6spd TR6060 box, I have all the manual computer and wiring for the gear box but Some are saying that to run properly Holden needs to reprogram the car to marry it all together another mechanic is saying he can do with snap on type scan tools, what is the truth??
Also instead of reprogramming the computers and marrying things together can I just buy a manual ecu and plug it in and run the manual box and computer and wiring and will that stop any issues?? Any help would be great before I go ahead with the swap , thanks.
Yes that’s true, but LS Xtreme can handle all your reprogramming needs - they’re good at it too

https://lsxtreme.com.au/

Joshedney

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Yea sweet, so how does it work? Once I’ve have all the work done do I just send them the ecu and they will do the programming? Also do I need to get the dash cluster reprogrammed too or is that automatically done when you do the ecu?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You have a TR6060 and a V6? How are you adapting it to the engine?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can a 6060 marry up to the V6?

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Yea sweet, so how does it work? Once I’ve have all the work done do I just send them the ecu and they will do the programming? Also do I need to get the dash cluster reprogrammed too or is that automatically done when you do the ecu?
ECU, BCM, ABS Module & Cluster all need to be programmed (but confirm this with LS Xtreme)

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
I see no reason why it wouldn’t or couldn’t but I don’t think they’re the factory box for the V6 engines

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Nope. Not easily anyway. You’ll want the Aisin 6 speed that was fitted to the V6 manuals from the factory.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
If you’ve got yourself a TR6060 box you might as well go the whole hog and put a V8 in it. Putting a TR6060 behind a V6 isn’t going to be easy. Maybe you mean you’ve got an Aisin 6 speed from a V6 Commodore?