Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve v6 Manual conversion

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
So it looks like Series I VE got the 6060 also, in SS anyway. I looked underneath but there were no part numbers, like I thought I saw when I did the oil change. It just says Tremec. But the build plate says M10, which I'm lead to believe, if Google is correct that I too have the 6060.
All the VE V8 manuals were TR6060s. The only variable in the VE/VF series is if it’s SMF or DMF with the break point being May 2012. The HSVs were fitted with the TR6060 as well with the supercharged ones using a different bell housing for the dual plate clutch.

Pretty sure they are all going to be the exact same box for all of them, just with different bell housings for SMF, DMF and dual clutch plates.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
All the VE V8 manuals were TR6060s. The only variable in the VE/VF series is if it’s SMF or DMF with the break point being May 2012. The HSVs were fitted with the TR6060 as well with the supercharged ones using a different bell housing for the dual plate clutch.

Pretty sure they are all going to be the exact same box for all of them, just with different bell housings for SMF, DMF and dual clutch plates.

A few members suggested that Series 1 didn't get the 6060. But yeah you're right it seems all VE SS got one.