Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE V6 Tuning

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
As said above before and afters. Also where is it getting tuned?

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Im getting it done at Dynomotive in bayswater, they do some really impressive stuff with the V8's and they do work on some V6's i think mine will be the first SIDI he will work on but he mostly tunes and upgrades V8's.

It will be tuned on a Dyno so i hope he spends plenty of time playing with it.

He said it should be pretty good, they can get right into the Holdens system, he tuned my fathers GTS walkinshaw supercharged and made it really awesome with its charger picking up an additional kw's

i will put before and afters up.....

My cars a Manual, done 11,500kms, Xforce 2.25" and Growler Cold Air intake.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
That will be interesting. Does the Walkinshaw run a Bosch ECU?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Im getting it done at Dynomotive in bayswater, they do some really impressive stuff with the V8's and they do work on some V6's i think mine will be the first SIDI he will work on but he mostly tunes and upgrades V8's.

It will be tuned on a Dyno so i hope he spends plenty of time playing with it.

He said it should be pretty good, they can get right into the Holdens system, he tuned my fathers GTS walkinshaw supercharged and made it really awesome with its charger picking up an additional kw's

i will put before and afters up.....

My cars a Manual, done 11,500kms, Xforce 2.25" and Growler Cold Air intake.

Should do headers and cats first before the tune

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
may do it later.... has anyone done extractors and cats on the sidi and is it a worthwhile investment?

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
but when you get the extractors and cats the tune has to get touched up which is another 2-300 depends on you tuner

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
im paying less than 800 for the tune, plus a touch up tune would only be a few hundred if i got the headers and cats installed with them and then a retune,
where as high flow cats and headers would be around 1000 for both + Fitting i would assume, which is why i will get the tune done first.

if i believe i will benefit more than 3 or 4 kw's with the headers + cats ill get them done at a later date........

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Lachie there are a couple of SIDI (Late Model V6) tune threads on this site. Would pay to have a bit of a search and do some reading. HP Tuners cannot at this point tune the SIDI so check with your tuner what software he is running. From my reading it is not so much the uploading of a new tune that is a problem but the sucking out of the old tune. I've done extractors but not cats...modern cats flow reasonably well anyway so for me the $800 for cats didn't appear to be value for money with the V6. The extractors however both improved reverb and note (on my setup) and has to of also derestricted it when you consider the size of the stock exhaust manifold.

Attachments

• xmas 2010 and tune 025.jpg
    xmas 2010 and tune 025.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 317
Last edited: