Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve v6 turbo conversion

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
He broke it plenty of times...When you shoehorn a blown chev into a small engine bay, their ain't much room for coolers.....Not to mention he knows 2 speeds...Flat out or stop...There was no inbetweens with him....That video is an example....No lift...Just flat to the boards

There was one break he had where he actually welded the converter to the flywheel...It got that hot...The internals of the gearbox were farked...The only thing salvagable from that breakage was the gearbox housing....The rest was toast....

I could go on wit a list of breakages he had with that car, but it'd take up 50 pages
Once you go high HP with forced induction, 100% things are going to go boom, bang & kabloom

i actually uploaded the vid as it was awesome how it caught on fire (spewing it went that way but it looked cool)

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
I love Capri's but jee they were really HsOS. They handled like a sack of potatoes rolling around, they were under-braked. Some OS models came out with 302 V8s, I'd hate to think how they would pull up with the extra weight. The early MS suspension had a lot to be desired. Holden had it over Ford, in the day handling wise even in the late 60s and 70s.
That was in south Africa wasn't it where they had the 302?

Edit: ninja'd a few days ago I see, lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That was in south Africa wasn't it where they had the 302?
Yes, but some made their way to Australia. There was two for sale in a collectable car yard mid last year in Perth Tas. They weren't cheap at $40k or so each.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Yes, but some made their way to Australia. There was two for sale in a collectable car yard mid last year in Perth Tas. They weren't cheap at $40k or so each.
Oh wow, I had a mate who had a v6 one back in the day and that went like stink then. With a v8 in them there wouldn't have been much that would touch it in a straight line I would have thought.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oh wow, I had a mate who had a v6 one back in the day and that went like stink then. With a v8 in them there wouldn't have been much that would touch it in a straight line I would have thought.
It would be sick, but you'd need to sort out the ancient MS suspension that was terrible at best.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sorry to dig an old thread back up, but I actually spoke to a rellie today about an alledged VE with a turbo V6 being owned by a person at Outlaw speed shop.

There is an old fella that works there by the name of Michael, that owns a VZ, with an alloytec....No turbo...None of the other workers there have a VE, so no chance of finding any details out about it to help with this thread

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
As in to see if an Alloytec had been turbocharged?

What turbo had been used, HP it was putting out and any work performed to get it worthy of staying together...But unfortunately it doesn't exist at all...There is a VZ alloytec there owned by an employee that's a daily, but it is as stock as a rock.....There are no VE's owned by any employee there either, despite what had been previously claimed

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Sorry to dig an old thread back up, but I actually spoke to a rellie today about an alledged VE with a turbo V6 being owned by a person at Outlaw speed shop.

There is an old fella that works there by the name of Michael, that owns a VZ, with an alloytec....No turbo...None of the other workers there have a VE, so no chance of finding any details out about it to help with this thread
Thats because someone owns a VE V6 Capa SuperCharged vehicle...

I don't know his name, the guy at Capa told me about him & told me to speak to someone at Outlaw speed shop as there is someone there who owns a high KW SuperCharged VE V6

http://www.capa.com.au/kits_holden_ve_v6.htm

from what he told me (Capa sales guy), the person from Outlaw's is making circa 400RWKW+ from a Capa SuperCharged VE V6 & its cammed up amongst other things, im sure he's running an aftermarket ECU as well

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thats because someone owns a VE V6 Capa SuperCharged vehicle...

I don't know his name, the guy at Capa told me about him & told me to speak to someone at Outlaw speed shop as there is someone there who owns a high KW SuperCharged VE V6

http://www.capa.com.au/kits_holden_ve_v6.htm

from what he told me (Capa sales guy), the person from Outlaw's is making circa 400RWKW+ from a Capa SuperCharged VE V6 & its cammed up amongst other things, im sure he's running an aftermarket ECU as well

There is no VE commodores at Outlaws owned by employees...The only alloytec powered Commodore owned by an employee at Outlaws is a VZ owned by Michael...Forgot his last name, but can find out if you want...