Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve v6 wheel sensor

chris knight

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
I have a scan code coming up 'wheel sensor A' is there a difference between the left and right wheel sensors?

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
From working on my VE/G8 V8, the wheel bearings with integrated sensors are the same for either side. Perhaps is a way of telling you which side is bad.

Did not got a code on mine since I replaced them at about 90,000 miles. One made some noises and I am very picky with my cars. Replaced both sides as a set.

chris knight

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
From working on my VE/G8 V8, the wheel bearings with integrated sensors are the same for either side. Perhaps is a way of telling you which side is bad.

Did not got a code on mine since I replaced them at about 90,000 miles. One made some noises and I am very picky with my cars. Replaced both sides as a set.

so replacing both would be the go?

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Well, not really, but if one goes out, most likely the other one will go some time later. I rather do the work once or ask the shop for a deal on both and have the vehicle down 1 time. Call it a form of preventive maintenance.

If you are on a very tight budget, maybe 1 is a better choice for the moment and do the other one later.

If you are selling... that is another story. However, is ethical to say that you replaced one and not the other.

chris knight

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
Well, not really, but if one goes out, most likely the other one will go some time later. I rather do the work once or ask the shop for a deal on both and have the vehicle down 1 time. Call it a form of preventive maintenance.

If you are on a very tight budget, maybe 1 is a better choice for the moment and do the other one later.

If you are selling... that is another story. However, is ethical to say that you replaced one and not the other.
yeah that's fair enough, you wouldn't know what side is A and what side is B?