Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve v8 thermo fan replacement

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Just wondering if anyone knows a good place to buy an aftermarket thermo fan for an 09 v8. Online everyone is selling series 2 or series 1 v6 fans but there's nothing for the series 1 v8.

It's ticking loudly but working so I'm not worried about imminent failure, surely I'm not the only one to have had fan failure!

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Thanks for that link. Gee $400, I wonder if that's a normal price? The v6 ones seem to be around the $200 mark, they couldn't be too different haha

pnlimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice L98
You can actually buy the fan motor(s) from Holden. They are certainly less than $400.00. The swap over of the fan blades is quite straightforward.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Thanks pnlimo, for the benefit of anyone reading this in the future I called up Holden and enquired about the fan motor individually.
They are $290 each. The GM part number is 92191945. I'm getting one from the USA for $190 delivered.

Holden1412

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Thanks pnlimo, for the benefit of anyone reading this in the future I called up Holden and enquired about the fan motor individually.
They are $290 each. The GM part number is 92191945. I'm getting one from the USA for $190 delivered.
Where did you order them from? I'm dealing with the same problem

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon