Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE VF HSV wheels on a VY

justincase

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Calais
Has anyone put VE VF HSV rims on a pre VE commy? I'm getting tire rub on the inside wheel tub with the rear 275's. I'm thinking 5mm spacers?

I've done the center bore and put 30 profile tires on but the 9.5" rear wheels are rubbing on the body.

I'm thinking that 5mm spacers will give me the clearance I need. Has anyone else done this before?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
People do it but hub spacers are illegal. So depending if you need a roadworthy where you are you will have issues..

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
^^^ Yep.........Took me about 2 minutes to find this.........

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/rules/tyres-and-wheels-2001/

Section 3 Modification and repair

3.1 Modification

3.1(1) A modification to a vehicle affecting its wheels, hubs or axles or any of their components:

• (a) must not prevent the vehicle from complying with this rule; and
  • (b) must, if the vehicle is a motor vehicle, be certified as specified in Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Standards Compliance 1998.
3.1(3) The fitting of wheel spacers to a vehicle is a modification that requires certification, unless the vehicle, wheel or axle manufacturer approves their use for a particular vehicle.

Wheel spacermeans an additional component used for the purpose of positioning the wheel centre-disc relative to the hub, or in multiple wheel sets, for the purpose of positioning the wheel centre-disc relative to another wheel.

Doesn't stop you from fitting them and using the car, as long as you don't get caught, or are involved in an accident, with an unroadworthy vehicle.