Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE,VF SV6 Ute questions...

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
@Forg @panhead, found this VE Holden Ute Brochure.

According to the brochure, the GVM is specified on the complance label while max front and rear axle weights are in the Owners Manual! Again, according to Holden's brochure, your dealer has the specs for Kerb Mass for the various models! WTF??? such information one needs to safely determine allowable max payload shouldn't be spread across various documents and a dealer... it should be defined on the compliance and other labels...

Shouldn't be so difficult for Holden to include both Kerb Mass & GVM on the compliance label and on the spec sheet within the Ute Brochure. Shouldn't be so difficult for regulators to require a new label specifying weight of an accessory be fixed on the B pillar of comercial vehicles whenever accessories are added. As is, when adding a towbar, there is a requirement for a sticker to be added which lists towbar part # and load ratings but doesn't list the bars actual weight. With a commercial vehicles, it shouldn't be difficult to work things out... ustes are comemrcial vehicles...

In @SSVREDLINE2014 case, it is probably not really so relevant whether there is even 100kg difference between base model and top model utes. Guess it depends on what and how he will use his "work" ute... I've seen plenty of work utes that don't see mud and don't often carry any loads of conseqence as it's the boss's play thing... Still, the regulators should see it as a commercial vehicle and require such info be clearly defined and readily available.

Similar is stated on this VFII Ute Brochure from Holden media site...

Totally agree, you shouldn't need to search for basic info such as payload weights for a commercial vehicle or any vehicle for that matter.

I said the same to the dealer years ago when I couldn't find the info I was after in the brochure.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Totally agree, you shouldn't need to search for basic info such as payload weights for a commercial vehicle or any vehicle for that matter.

I said the same to the dealer years ago when I couldn't find the info I was after in the brochure.

This PDF is for MY17, should be close in kerb weight specs back to MY13.

Attachments

• MY17 VF Commodore Product Information.pdf
    510.2 KB · Views: 223

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
This PDF is for MY17, should be close in kerb weight specs back to MY13.

Thanks for that, I've printed a copy and added it to the file with my brouchers.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Good info in that doc @lmoengnr.

It would have been appropriate and appreciated if Holden also include max payload for each model variant, since kerb weigh + max payload should equal GVM, but nah :( Holden :p

They also don’t list max axle loads within the doc and I’m not even sure it’s accurate to consider GVM = max front + rear axle load as such.

With kerb weight and max payload, it would have made it easier to do the maths for those heavy haulers amongst us. In any case it ain't a big deal for me as I doubt i’ll ever tow more than a few 100 kgs in my small box trailer :cool:

Doc also saved for future reference :)

sandman2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute
i had a VE s2 and now got a VF s1, and i perfer the VF just because the tech is much more smarter like the change lane alerts, the reverse camera and the bluetooth /infotainment. only thing i wish my VF had was Android Auto and it would be complete, ohh and puddle/footwell lights but i dont think they were inc on the VFs until the ZB.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
... i wish my VF had was Android Auto and it would be complete, ohh and puddle/footwell lights but i dont think they were inc on the VFs until the ZB.
AA and ACP would be nice...
I believe puddle & footwell lamps were on Calais variants, probably on the redlines and definitely on my Motorsport.

These lamps shouldn’t be a difficult retrofit to your car ;)
AA/ACP, well that’s another story :rolleyes:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I believe puddle & footwell lamps were on Calais variants, probably on the redlines and definitely on my Motorsport.

These lamps shouldn’t be a difficult retrofit to your car ;)

To fit footwell lights in a VF ute, you'll need a Maloo BCM.
Maloo's are the only ute to have footwell lights.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
To fit footwell lights in a VF ute, you'll need a Maloo BCM.
Maloo's are the only ute to have footwell lights.
Ah he has a ute... no bIggy as you could bypass the BMC and use the earth switch on the doors to ground a 12v feed passing through such foot lamps (or maybe the other way around if the switch is hot)... low tech but easy... Puddle lamps probably need the BCM or a simple timing circuit... The workshop circuit diagrams should give some hints on how it done by the factory...

Older cars were much easier to mod :p The fandangled computers in newer cars just make it more complex than it needs to be :p

PS: I assume Magnums also have foot and puddle lamps being the best of the last and all that :cool:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
PS: I assume Magnums also have foot and puddle lamps being the best of the last and all that :cool:

Magnum has puddle lamps, but no footwell lamps...
E3 Maloo has footwell lights...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
It has only just occurred to me that "puddle lamps" probably refer to lighting-up puddles on the ground (ie. not to step in them), than about creating a puddle of light ... the "puddle of light" always seemed an odd phrasing to me, not to mention that using that phrasing they could be mounted anywhere. :)