Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE vs Ford/Toyota

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I have seen a Aurion about 15 times, Once i was almost under it:D
Trust me one thing it needs is larger rims and something that looks good.
But also it doesn't look as good in the flesh as it does in pictures.
But that front seem a little influence from VZ.
But i was there when they drove it out on to Telstra Dome last Sunday.
And when it came to power the boss was um um um over 190kw? What happen to over 200kw???

Now when the Commodore Sv6-380-VRX-Falcon-XR6-Toyota-Aurion go head to head it's been rumerd the Sv6 is tunned different to allow it to be as fast as the old bugger. Probably in the Gearing and diff ?
I think the Aurion and the Commodore will come out in-front but what gap over the rest?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Evman said:
The Ford guy reckons the VE is the reply to what they did with he BA...I think that the BA was a reply to the VT, seeing as the AU was a disaster. I know that in most ways the BA/BF is better than the VY/VZ, but it's not a big margin. With the completely new suspension in the VE, plus the extra power and transmission upgrades, I'm sure the VE will be miles ahead of the BF in performance. Then there's the interior...Oh my god! Ford will have to do a lot to beat that! My point? The BA was a rush job to get rid of the AU, the BF improved slightly upon the BA, but there wasn't anything ground breaking. The VE, with over $1billion invested, simply will not be rivalled until the new Falcon. Updating the BF just wont be enough. I dont know enough about the Aurion to comment on it, but we all know how bad the 380 is.
Your 100% Right the BA was a direct reply because the VT was good and the AU was a flop. So they had to rush the IRS Turbo Etc into the BA, When it wasn't to be used till Orion.
Shows you how good the VT-VX was.
Now admit-tingly the BA-BF had it over the VY-VZ, Biggest part was body stiffness and IRS And at first engines trannys performance, And even the interior in parts was better, But i will never say the dash as holden has always had the best dash set-ups.
So the VE will bring upgrades to the IRS Suspension body in and out and really it's handling and quality wont be matched by the Falcon, They will come back in 08 with the Orion.
But if the VE doesn't handle better or just it might be in trouble, Cause i wont settle for anything other then 4.5 Ratting out of 5 against the BF 3.5/5

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
andyman said:
the upcomming model is an 08 model isnt it? if people havnt seen an aurion yet heres the sportivo and base model.....yes yes yes i'll admit it know i am a bit of a toyota fan

When people say its an 08 year model, that means the car is released in 2007.

Personally I think the VE will be a long way ahead of both Toyota and Ford. But Toyota's Aurion will be much better than the current BF, and with the 200kw+ engine as well as a supercharged 270kw engine, they're taking it up to Holden and Ford for performance and im sure their sales will boom.

As for Ford... Well I think they're in trouble til the Orion/next falcon is released, but the rumour is that one of the new upgrades is the 6 speed auto will be standard across the entire range, which means 11% more fuel efficient model for Ford which will keep them in the game a bit. If anything I think its a good thing as it should push Holden to atleast make the 5 speed auto standard across the range for the VE II.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
hahahaha...no six-speeds should be made the standard across all vehicles, auto and manual...u know like in response to efficiency and what not...

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
1991_Vn2nV said:
But Toyota's Aurion will be much better than the current BF, and with the 200kw+ engine as well as a supercharged 270kw engine, they're taking it up to Holden and Ford for performance and im sure their sales will boom.

Just how much power do you want going through the front wheels? (I'm guessing it's front wheel drive...) Big power should always be put through the rear, or all 4 wheels...

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
It will be interesting to see what toyota's new sports devision(TDR) will do with the aurion.
I thought that they were saying the aurion will be bout 190kw and the supercharged will be bout 240kw.
If there are 270kw supercharged auriouns going around why would you bother with a v8 seriously.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
andrewmac said:
It will be interesting to see what toyota's new sports devision(TDR) will do with the aurion.
I thought that they were saying the aurion will be bout 190kw and the supercharged will be bout 240kw.
If there are 270kw supercharged auriouns going around why would you bother with a v8 seriously.

The actual supercharged engine that is being used is a 270kw engine... But I forget the name. So it would only be 240kw if Toyota de-tuned it... Perhaps to leave room for TDR or something *shrugs*