Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE vs Ford/Toyota

L

LeBoofer

Thought this article was interesting (from carsguide.news.com.au)...

http://www.carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384,19843629-21822,00.html

Its all about Toyota and Ford focusing some of the attention on their large cars rather than the VE. Seems lately (and justifiably) all the focus has been on the VE with the other manufacturers vying for that attention.

With all the information we have at this early stage, do you think the VE will sweep the floor with the Aurion and Falcon or be evenly competitive? What are your thoughts?

(Apologies if this is the wrong section to post this thread)

Last edited by a moderator:

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Its hard to say how it will do. Personally I think it will be much more popular than the VZ was and that was still beating its rivals. Everything about the car is a huge step up from the old model. However we still do not know what the Aurion is like and really most people still dont know what the VE is like. I hope it does well anyway cos my job depends on it.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
i think the aurion will have the looks (from what ive seen) that will match VE, though they will probly mainly sell to old camry and avalon drivers, i mean how well is a supercharged front wheeler going to handle, so much more weight on the fronts...

in the case of fords new car whenever its coming out i think it will have holden worried, i mean the last few years ford has seriously upped their game and i think is pretty much on even grounds with holden now...which annoys me...until i see a VE i wont know for sure how well they will compete...but they look good so far haha.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i think the ve will boom as well as the aurion and the bf will slow down a bit being so dated. i personally dont mind fwd and i think a toyota performance car will appeal to alot of people. Particulary because the n/a 3.5 v6 is 210kw so imagine the supercharged version

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
thats a good point but i think most people interested in large sedans have already chosen either ford or holden and will be unlikely to defect to toyota...well at least i think it will take time if they do...but the aurion doesnt have anything to worry about with the amount of people that wish their camry or whatever had more poke, as they will pounce straight onto it.

and yeah the BF wont go any better, i was referring to their upcoming model which i think we will see soon, i reckon it will go fairly well.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Seeing that most large car sales are fleet cars it'll be whoever discounts the best. Toyota was the best with the corolla last month so that might scare holden with the media bagging them on the fact that nothing was done with the economy of the car.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The Toyota will be the fastest family car going in a straight line, Then the Mistu 380? then the BF, the poor old VE will likely be the slowest of the lot :bang: but it may well be the best car apart from the likely sluggish performance so I think it will do well

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the upcomming model is an 08 model isnt it? if people havnt seen an aurion yet heres the sportivo and base model.....yes yes yes i'll admit it know i am a bit of a toyota fan i also added the 2mz-fe supercharged engine

Attachments

• MHaur.jpg
    MHaur.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 282
  • DisplayImagej.jpg
    DisplayImagej.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 6814.jpg
    6814.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 267
  • toyota-aurion-2.jpg
    toyota-aurion-2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 240
  • DisplayImage.jpg
    DisplayImage.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
The Ford guy reckons the VE is the reply to what they did with he BA...I think that the BA was a reply to the VT, seeing as the AU was a disaster. I know that in most ways the BA/BF is better than the VY/VZ, but it's not a big margin. With the completely new suspension in the VE, plus the extra power and transmission upgrades, I'm sure the VE will be miles ahead of the BF in performance. Then there's the interior...Oh my god! Ford will have to do a lot to beat that! My point? The BA was a rush job to get rid of the AU, the BF improved slightly upon the BA, but there wasn't anything ground breaking. The VE, with over $1billion invested, simply will not be rivalled until the new Falcon. Updating the BF just wont be enough. I dont know enough about the Aurion to comment on it, but we all know how bad the 380 is.

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
greenfoam said:
the poor old VE will likely be the slowest of the lot

I very seriously doubt it's going to be slow! Holden has been quoted to say that the VE will be better in every way, including performance. In a different post someone already said the VE SV6 is quicker than the old one, and that's only had a small increase in power. The V8's should really move.