Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve wagon roof lining problem.

vewagz

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv wagon
g'day folks.

Now the problem is, an incompetent mechanic decided to mess around with my roof mount dvd to work out how to install one into his ve wagon. (without my permission)

in the process, i have no idea what he's done but now my roof lining is sitting 10mm away from my front windscreen, i literally have a gap almost big enough to stick my fingers into..

i took the car back to him, went ape **** at him and he admitted to looking at my roof mount dvd, but denied ever touching the roof lining and claims it was allways like that.. He's a lieing prick and please don't tell me to go back and complain again as it is useless, he wont ever be touching my car again

if you push at the roof lining, there is no play in it, it doesn't feel asif it wants to move that 10mm closer to the front windscreen.. it feels solid where it sits.

Can anyone else with a ve wagon confirm wether the roof lining sits flush against the front windscreen ?

Whats possibly gone on here, im 100% certain there was never previously a gap between the roof lining and windscreen..

i read there are roof lining clips that are easily broken, is this a possibility ?

if i remove the roof mount light between the driver/passenger, will i be able to see up into the roof to see what might have gone on ?

any helps muchly appreciated

thanks folks.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
It's a bit hard to say without seeing it. But I think a 10mm gap is about standard. They do not sit flush with the windscreen You only notice this if you lean forward and look up at it. Otherwise they appear relatively flush. Of course I'm not saying your grease monkey friend didn't f%$k around with it...

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
pictures pls.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
I recently got the roof lining re-trimmed in my Falcon sedan and it only cost me $200. I got quotes from two separate places and they both quoted the same price. I was surprised how cheap it is.
Obviously a wagon has more roof to line, but I would think it shouldn't exceed $300. If you can't work out what has gone on, just get the whole lining replaced and send the bill to the d-head mechanic.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
g'day folks.

Now the problem is, an incompetent mechanic decided to mess around with my roof mount dvd to work out how to install one into his ve wagon. (without my permission)

in the process, i have no idea what he's done but now my roof lining is sitting 10mm away from my front windscreen, i literally have a gap almost big enough to stick my fingers into..

i took the car back to him, went ape **** at him and he admitted to looking at my roof mount dvd, but denied ever touching the roof lining and claims it was allways like that.. He's a lieing prick and please don't tell me to go back and complain again as it is useless, he wont ever be touching my car again

if you push at the roof lining, there is no play in it, it doesn't feel asif it wants to move that 10mm closer to the front windscreen.. it feels solid where it sits.

Can anyone else with a ve wagon confirm wether the roof lining sits flush against the front windscreen ?

Whats possibly gone on here, im 100% certain there was never previously a gap between the roof lining and windscreen..

i read there are roof lining clips that are easily broken, is this a possibility ?

if i remove the roof mount light between the driver/passenger, will i be able to see up into the roof to see what might have gone on ?

any helps muchly appreciated

thanks folks.

Man chill.
They sit off the windscreen ,lol
As Cuda said, mine is the same

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
They should be almost flush with the windscreen definitely not a finger gap.

I recently installed a wm caprice dvd player in my ve berlina and had this problem when i put the lining back up. The two harnesses i ran to the player were in the wrong spot and stopping the lining from going all the way up.

There are grooves in the lining in set places where the harnesses are meant to sit. I know its an almighty hassle but if you want to fix it do this:

- take roof lining off
- inspect harnesses attached to lining
- compare harnesses to brackets on roof and where the lining sits against those brackets. Most likely a harness towards the front of the lining is butting up against the frame where the sunvisors mount up.
- move offending harness into a groove in the lining where there is space to accompdate it and it wont block the lining from moving up.

I ended up having to rerun both dvd screen harnesses from up the a pillar to up the rear c pillars. PITA but mine was so bad i couldnt get the sunvisors to mount due to the huge gap between the lining and the mounting bracket!