Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Wagon.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Yeah it lifts in 1' of space or some ****, still don't like it LMAO. Since when do I reverse park anyways?

There was a VZ V's VE wagon somewhere, and I'm sure it said the VE wagon was shorter in the rear.

I've got a specs page at work on the actual capacity of the cargo area. It was in a tech bulletin. Will bring it home and scan it tomorrow and post it here.

I really dont understand the shortness of it either...

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
There is actually more rear capacity in the VE than the VZ.

Also, the tailgate is designed so that it can open into the car...type thing. So it doesnt swing out a full metre from the back of the car. Meaning you can park at the shops without fear of not being able to open the tailgate
Err, actually the cargo area is much smaller. Here's some spec's to chew over:
Load space is down from 1402 litres (VZ) to 895 litres (VE) with rear seats up and with seats down is 2000 litres down from 2752 litres (VZ).
The wheelbase is 24mm shorter than the VZ and overall length is down 36mm.
Converting to a 7 seater is not possible.
Another difference to the sedan is extra stiffening in the rear structure to reduce road noise booming and triple cross axis ball joints in the rear suspension which has claimed to improve handling over the current sedan which will receive this upgrade soon.
I test drove a SV6 last weekend and I was impressed:thumbsup:
All holden has to do is loose the rear chrome tailgate moulding and youv'e got an excellent looking and performing Audi looking wagon.
My pick of colour is red but the green also looks good (short term):yeah:

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Another thing I noticed, not just on the wagon but also the sedan.....none have door strips. So give it 6 months and there are gonna be VE's all over the place with door knocks.

There was a big difference in the rear floor height as well, making it higher in the VE to save your back, and they did say something about the difference in windows.

Where is Stealthy? I am sure it was him who posted the link to a stat/info site on the VE Wagon which was really informative.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I did ?

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
I don't know was it you? :rofl: Perhaps on another forum....ahhh I dunno it was someone! *runs off to try and find it*

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
What do you mean by door strips?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
The annoying black things that crack and are down the middle outside of my doors lol

Oh... Well... Um... THANK GOODNESS THEY AREN'T ON THE VE!!! :D

They would completely detract from the look of the car. Personally, I have never opened any of my car doors into anything...

dan-wess

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY S Pac Series II
Just my opinion but, these have to be one of the worst looking wagons around. What were Holden thinking.

Dan