Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE weighs about the same as BF

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
The VE is about 100kg heavier than the VZ, making it between 1670kg (100kg heavier than VZ Exec, lightest VZ) to 1830kg (100kg heavier than VZ Senator, heaviest VZ). Lightest BF Falcon (XT) is 1672kg, heaviest (GT and GT-P) is 1855kg. Puts an end to the arguement about the VE being a tank, because it's only come up to the same weights as the Falcon.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
But i think holden has handles themselves better with the weight issue then ford did with the BA. See the ford can only get heavier with added options, the VE is ready for the next 5-6 years this is it's weight it's got all it needs in it now, Wheres the BF II if adding extra gear will get heavier again.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
SlickHolden said:
But i think holden has handles themselves better with the weight issue then ford did with the BA. See the ford can only get heavier with added options, the VE is ready for the next 5-6 years this is it's weight it's got all it needs in it now, Wheres the BF II if adding extra gear will get heavier again.

The BFII might get heavier but I wont be significant like the AU to BA (bout 220kg). I guess Ford have about 1 year to get some extra weight out of Orion, but if it has side air bags than Ford will struggle. I guess they need to give the I6 more fuel efficiency.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Thats not too bad considering the new Golf R32 weighs 1637 kilos!