Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Wheel Questions

NoStopN

Waiting for a Ute
Reaction score
Website
www.imageevent.com
Members Ride
2005 Pontiac GTO
I am hearing conflicting reports as to the bolt pattern & center hub diameter size for the VE. Is there anyone (or any website) that will tell me the truth? Thanks in advance.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i dont know about the stud patern sorry but i found it interesting the pursuit rims are 16 in now...was that the same for the vz?

ris00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 SS
yeah the VE stud pattern is completely different to any other commodore, its dud i cant interchange dads SS-V 20inch rims onto my VY.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
yeah the VE stud pattern is completely different to any other commodore, its dud i cant interchange dads SS-V 20inch rims onto my VY.

Thats exactly correct, VE wheels are not transferrable to any other model currently available.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
yet some guys got a set of ve wheels on his vl, with from what ive heard, minor filing of the stud holes and machining a bigger center hub.

one of the wheel places online was selling ve wheels to suit pre ve commodores, so id find them and send an email, surely they arent making copies yet.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.

WRONG stud pattern is the same just larger holes.

Thats exactly correct, VE wheels are not transferrable to any other model currently available.

CORRECT to a point

HOWEVER.........

The centre hole has to be machined and minor filling of the stud holes to fit VE wheels to earlier model Commodores.

Last edited:

ris00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 SS
the studs are offset thats why i couldnt put them on my VY, if they were bigger holes you could put them on but they would be loose this isnt the case.

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
WRONG stud pattern is the same just larger holes.

CORRECT to a point

HOWEVER.........

The centre hole has to be machined and minor filling of the stud holes to fit VE wheels to earlier model Commodores.

How do the stud holes have to be filed when the wheel studs for the VE are already larger in diameter than any other commodore??? If they are larger as is the case this means that they would slip straight over and there would be some play or "slop". They are obviously being filed in order for the stud holes to match the wheel studs of earlier models due to the difference in offsets. This would not be the safest or smartest thing to do as its leaving too much room and no matter how tight u have ur wheel nuts on ur wheel is going to move. Eventually it has the potential to vibrate the nuts loose after a certain period of time and **** will hit the fan. If this is wrong please explain to me how filing a hole that is already bigger than what is required helps it fit!!

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
the ve offset is way different to older commodores(so ive been told) and the studs are 2mm thicker this can be fixed by some 2mm thick tubing that can be slip into the stud hole, which would make the stud a good fit