Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Wheel size

Probes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Thunder
Longtime reader, first time poster.

Im sure it has been posted before, but just wondering if anybody can give me any info on biggest legal wheel size in NSW for a 2011 VE sv6 ute.

Cheers

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
legally you can go to 20's but the standard 245x35x20 95Y tyre is under the load rating on your tyre placard (illegal). ser 1 sv6 ute is 96v, ive since been told that the ser2 is even higher?not saying dont do it but just be aware of that..

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
i had to go 255/35/20 FK452 to get the load rating (97W) ute needs 96. Couldn't for the life of me find a 245/35/20 tyre that was 95 besides chimgas 275 rear tyres weren't a problem though

Probes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Thunder
Thanks for the input fellas.

Would anybody be able to tell me what springs to use to lower it down on 20s just to take the uneven-ness out of the back and front end. Not a fan of how they come stock with the rear end being 3 inches higher then the front end.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
if you go for kings ssl all round it will drop the bum down to about half inch above the tyre, the front about one and a half inches above the tyre. but you will need short arm shocks as well for a decent ride. kings and Monroe shocks have a package the sell. plenty on evil bay but make sure the rears are to suit a ute as they have a diff load rating to sedans,wagons etc. I have this combo on my ss and it gives it a nice flat stance with my 20" rims. plenty of clearance etc.

Probes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Thunder
Cheers mate, might try and chase up a set tonight