Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve wheels on vt- scrubbing rears

SamVr94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II 2000 executive
Hi all,
I have purchased a set of ssv 19's and when I accelerate the rears scrub the guards due to the fact that the tyres are still ve profile, what I was wondering is; if I put my stockies on the rear until I get my new 235/35/19 tyres will that then create any problems for the front wheels? And when I get 235/35 will the rears still scrub the guards? TIA

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Might need to roll your guards mate. My cars sitting on 19s with low king springs and it scrubs every now and then. Yours looks kike its on SL? So probably your best bet.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Should not scrub anywhere with 235/35 tyres unless you have massive alignment or camber issues. You would also need a camber kit to stop your new tyres wearing out unevenly. I have 245/35/19 on my vx with sl springs and no scrubbing even with car loaded with people. The VE 40 profile tyres will also make your speedo read wrong.

Last edited:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Theres is no issues with running the stockies on the rear while there are large diameter mags on the front.

Immediately take all wheels with VE profile tyres off untill you have the correct tyre fitted. Number one reason is your speedo's out and you will get speeding tickets.

If they rub on the inside get a camber kit fitted. If they rub on the out side (assuming the centres bored out) get a gaurd roll. If they rub on top of the tyre it's because the tyres profiles too tall and it's bottoming out.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
i have a vt with 235x 35x19 ssv with fe2 suspension have no probs with rubbing

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Theres is no issues with running the stockies on the rear while there are large diameter mags on the front.

Except with the cops. It looks really suss. I wouldn't think 5mm more on your sidewall is going to throw your Speedo out all that much. like if anything the wheels themselves will throw it out. But going from 40/19 to 35/19 ain't going to make much difference.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Except with the cops. It looks really suss. I wouldn't think 5mm more on your sidewall is going to throw your Speedo out all that much. like if anything the wheels themselves will throw it out. But going from 40/19 to 35/19 ain't going to make much difference.

The difference between the 40 and 35 profile tyre would be when your speedo reads 100kmph your actually doing 96.37kmph...

SamVr94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II 2000 executive
My mate has a vx gts with 19's (245/35) with the same springs as me, should I go 245/35 or 235/35?