Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Window regulator issue

Paulyk123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Ssv
Hi Guys

installed a new window regulator to my right rear door. Tested it and it worked fine.

tried again after 10 mins and she stoped working. What do you reckon the issue is. Blown fuse?

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
why wouldnt you check the fuse before posting

lmoengnr

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Try operating the window whilst moving the door, may have an intermittent connection.
Might be a broken wire in the loom through the door jamb.

JulzD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon
Hi Guys

installed a new window regulator to my right rear door. Tested it and it worked fine.

tried again after 10 mins and she stoped working. What do you reckon the issue is. Blown fuse?
Hey Paulyk123, question; how hard was it to get the regulator out of the door once unbolted?
My left rear on my VE SV6 wagon has gone and gotten the cable all sorts of f'd up inside the wheel. Its still all attached inside the door, but I'm trying to see if I can get it out without it being a pain in the ass.

Paulyk123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Ssv
Hey Paulyk123, question; how hard was it to get the regulator out of the door once unbolted?
My left rear on my VE SV6 wagon has gone and gotten the cable all sorts of f'd up inside the wheel. Its still all attached inside the door, but I'm trying to see if I can get it out without it being a pain in the ass.
hey mate

wasn’t to hard, once the trim is off I taped the glass to the door To keep it in place. I didn’t take a photo but it wasn’t to hard replacing the regulator. It’s easier if you have your replacement regulator near by to compare which nuts need to be removed.

hardest part is removing the door trim but the below link will help

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/holden/ve-commodore/removing-rear-door-trims/

JulzD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon
hey mate

wasn’t to hard, once the trim is off I taped the glass to the door To keep it in place. I didn’t take a photo but it wasn’t to hard replacing the regulator. It’s easier if you have your replacement regulator near by to compare which nuts need to be removed.

hardest part is removing the door trim but the below link will help

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/holden/ve-commodore/removing-rear-door-trims/
Legend. Cheers.

I've already got the door trim, plastic and speaker all off. Now I just need to bite the bullet and remove the bloody reg.
Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
When installing new reg, make sure the mounting plate for the window is half way down the reg will make installing so much easier