Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE window switch question

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
guys~is there anyway to have a one touch up window??? i got a VE SV6, it only has one touch down window, quite inconvenience sometimes.

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Yes there is. You can buy a module that will do it. The name escapes me right now. Ill have a think and let you know if someone else hasn't chimed in already.

Edit: it's a dei 530t and they run about $140

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
just checked out the 530T install instruction, wiring is gonna be massive tho, but thanks a lot mate~

Yes there is. You can buy a module that will do it. The name escapes me right now. Ill have a think and let you know if someone else hasn't chimed in already.

Edit: it's a dei 530t and they run about $140

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
some say just replace the master switch could do, that would be ideal, cox I found the DEI 530T installation manual, quite complicate tho, but thanks for your help mate, truly helpful

Automatic up windows

Have a look at this thread. Tasmaniak says he will send a wiring diagram an says it's not too hard. Might be worth a try. I've been meaning to do this mod but haven't got around to it yet so not sure of difficulty.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
just an FYI:

ADR 42/04
19.3.2.6 Notwithstanding clauses 19.3.2.1 and 19.3.2.4, a power operated window system may close if it is capable of the following requirements:
19.3.2.6.1. while closing, the window reverses direction before exerting a pinch force of 100N or more within the range of 200 mm to 4 mm beneath the top edge of the power window frame.
19.3.2.6.2. upon such reversal, the window must open to one of the following positions:

A position that permits a cylindrical rod 200 mm in diameter to be placed through the opening at the top edge of the window.

A position that is at least as open as the position at the time closing was initiated.

A position at least 50 mm more open than the position at the time reversing was initiated.

Vehicle Standard (Australian Design Rule 42/04 - General Safety Requirements) 2005

there are a fair few rules for auto closing windows. shouldnt stop you getting a road worthy cert as 99.9999999% of RWC guys dont test the closing of windows, but technically not legal unless the standards are all met. which an aftermarket add-on probably wouldnt.

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Actually, the 530t will comply with those laws. You have to make an adjustment based upon current draw. If it starts pulling too much current then it will stop and roll back down a fraction.

When you look at a 530t wiring diagram it looks complex, but it's really quite simple once you get the principle. Which is basically... find the up wire, cut it... then use two of the 530t wiring inbetween to join them back up. Sounds daunting but once you do the first wire... it's all gravy. I do them in about 30minutes. Average Joe.. about 1.5hours seems reasonable.

That also adds it to both front windows, auto rollup on lock and roll down trigger if desired.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Actually, the 530t will comply with those laws. You have to make an adjustment based upon current draw. If it starts pulling too much current then it will stop and roll back down a fraction.

When you look at a 530t wiring diagram it looks complex, but it's really quite simple once you get the principle. Which is basically... find the up wire, cut it... then use two of the 530t wiring inbetween to join them back up. Sounds daunting but once you do the first wire... it's all gravy. I do them in about 30minutes. Average Joe.. about 1.5hours seems reasonable.

That also adds it to both front windows, auto rollup on lock and roll down trigger if desired.

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
I don't think those guys sell aftermarket auto open/close window device would test it tho, thx for the tips mate

just an FYI:

ADR 42/04
19.3.2.6 Notwithstanding clauses 19.3.2.1 and 19.3.2.4, a power operated window system may close if it is capable of the following requirements:
19.3.2.6.1. while closing, the window reverses direction before exerting a pinch force of 100N or more within the range of 200 mm to 4 mm beneath the top edge of the power window frame.
19.3.2.6.2. upon such reversal, the window must open to one of the following positions:

A position that permits a cylindrical rod 200 mm in diameter to be placed through the opening at the top edge of the window.

A position that is at least as open as the position at the time closing was initiated.

A position at least 50 mm more open than the position at the time reversing was initiated.

Vehicle Standard (Australian Design Rule 42/04 - General Safety Requirements) 2005

there are a fair few rules for auto closing windows. shouldnt stop you getting a road worthy cert as 99.9999999% of RWC guys dont test the closing of windows, but technically not legal unless the standards are all met. which an aftermarket add-on probably wouldnt.