Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Wiper Washer Hose

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Hi
Quick one, I want to remove my lower windscreen plenum this weekend. How do I disconnect the wiper washer hoses off the arm and plenum?
Dont want to yank on them and break something.
I might have to get a wiper arm removal tool also. Dont believe the wiper arms have ever been taken off the car.
Cheers

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I would like to know too thanks you asked mate.
Good luck.

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
Having just done this myself......

No need for any special tool.

Flat head screw driver to remove the black cap covering the windscreen mount bolt.
The wiper hoses just literally are push in. Grab the little piece that the hose pushes on to, so you don’t break that, and wiggle the hose off, with a bit of twist or spin.

15mm socket will get the bolts off holding the wiper in place.
It won’t pop off on its own, so once with nuts off, hold the end part where the you’ve just taken the nut off, and also push on the first the ‘bend’ on the wiper blade arm. That will release the tension and the arm with come off.

Once they are off, remove all the plastic clips. There are 2 hidden right under the bonnet hinge (1 on each side).

Pull the rubber seal off

The passenger side piece plastic comes off first. Lift it from the engine bay side, it will pop and sound like your breaking it but it’s ok. Then get your fingers under where it sits on the windscreen and pop that part off.
Any clips that don’t come out, pull them out and put them back on the piece, because it will make re-install easier.

The driver side piece is done the same way.

Install in reverse

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Thanks for that:)

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon

Flat head screw driver to remove the black cap covering the windscreen mount bolt.
The wiper hoses just literally are push in. Grab the little piece that the hose pushes on to, so you don’t bentos that, and wiggle the hose off, with a bit of twist or spin.

It won’t pop off on its own, so once with nuts off, hold the end part where the you’ve just taken the nut off, and also push on the first the ‘bend’ on the wiper blade arm. That will release the tension and the arm with come off.

Once they are off, remove all the plastic clips. There are 2 hidden right under the bonnet hinge (1 on each side).

Pull the rubber seal off

The passenger side piece plastic comes off first. Lift it from the engine bay side, it will pop and sound like your breaking it but it’s ok. Then get your fingers under where it sits on the windscreen and pop that part off.
Any clips that don’t come out, pull them out and put them back on the piece, because it will make re-install easier.

Install in reverse
Thanks for the step by step info.

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon

The wiper hoses just literally are push in. Grab the little piece that the hose pushes on to, so you don’t break that, and wiggle the hose off, with a bit of twist or spin.

Pull the rubber seal off

Install in reverse
One other quick question, how did you go reinstalling the wiper arms on the spindle to ensure they are in the correct positionon on the windscreen? Ive read people have trouble getting them back on as the spindle on the Drivers side has a weird factory set angle on it??
Cheers

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
Put the wiper arm on its mount. Hand tighten 15mm bolt, then on that same first 'bend' in the wiper arm, press down on that to ADD tension on the mount, and tighten the bolt with the ratchet. There will only be 2-3 threads poking out of the nut when tight.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Using a texta mark a line across the mounting point of wiper arm and spindle before removing arm

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon

Pull the rubber seal off

Install in reverse
Pull the wSher hose off whilst holding the square piece? Or pull the square puece off the plenum?

Attachments

• IMG_20190608_111733.jpg
    IMG_20190608_111733.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 361