Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve with cam package whats next?

jacob00712

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Hey there i have a 07 ve ssv manual with a cold air intake, custom grind cam, cat back exhaust and 3.9 diff gears currently getn around 430 rwhp i am now lookn at setting up a full 3 inch exhaust lsxr fast manifold with a possible head package whats the best setups in this direction for heads and exhuast and will the manifold suit.. what kind of power is added from each of these im lookn to push big figures naturally aspirated.. please help

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
hey mate

persoanlly i wouldnt waste with the lsxr, few mates put them on and didnt make any power and ran rougher

for heads, go with MAST ones from the states, there amazing i gained 30rkw maybe more (i dont have massive cam) deff worth the money, check my thread pretty sure i got pics up

apart from that get a stroker ect ect ect if u got the money get ur standard tb and manifold ported wayy cheaper then the lsxr

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
shave heads and E85, wakes them right up :)

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
548.jpg

or

direct-port-for-ls2408.jpg

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Stroke it or ls7 and start again.
All the little things like throttle body, Inlet manifold ect... are a bit of a waste of money. Shaved heads add few extra peak hp but will pull stronger throughout the range.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Hey there i have a 07 ve ssv manual with a cold air intake, custom grind cam, cat back exhaust and 3.9 diff gears currently getn around 430 rwhp i am now lookn at setting up a full 3 inch exhaust lsxr fast manifold with a possible head package whats the best setups in this direction for heads and exhuast and will the manifold suit.. what kind of power is added from each of these im lookn to push big figures naturally aspirated.. please help

I've done it 239/247 cam heads ported and mill / LSXR ported pistons flycut, E85 double fuel pump large injectors etc etc around 360rwkws at the wheels.

cam give great $$$$ results after that large $$$ for little gain. Having said that I love it but a blower a fuel system would be the next cheaper option

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
stroker if you want to stay NA, otherwise go for a blower or turbo set up. if you go FI, check with your workshop that your cam will work otherwise you'll be up for a new cam as well.

jacob00712

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Confirming, this is all you need.

Okay well obviously big power is turbed supercharged or stroked i dnt exactly hav 10 grand to jus drop all at once what level of stroker kits are recomended or any decent supercharger kits less than 10gs