Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE2 IQ Bluetooth issues "Voice In"

mannypapa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Commodore Sportswagon SV6-Z series
Hello all, been reading the forums and its great source of knowledge so I hope you can help me with my problem.

I can successfully connect my phone to the IQ system and make calls, and phone book comes up fine. But very regularly the music cuts out and "Voice In" appears. It doesn't go away until I hit "cancel" and the music returns, and sometimes it comes in within 10 seconds (so annoying). Also when I switch the car off, it stops the music and does the same thing until I open my door and it all switches off.

I have deleted the device on the IQ system and unpaired the connection on my phone (SGS2). Reconnected via searching from the IQ and the problem started again.

Has this happened to others? I couldn't find anything for the IQ system in the search function.

This is a new car, built in december 2012.

Thanks and hope you can help :)

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Check Holden website for bluetooth compatibility with phone. Lots of people having dramas with iPhones cos the Holden bluetooth firmware only supports to iPhone 4, not 4s or 5 which annoys the hell out of me. I haven't heard about probs with galaxy but would think it along the same lines. Fwiw Holden appears to have no intention of resolving the problem any time soon. Do a search here for iPhone Bluetooth for more info.

mannypapa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the reply, I will check out the website, see if I can get my hands on something that is compatible to see if it still has the same issues.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
That would be a good place to start, if it continues to happen then, you have a warranty claim that should be addressed by a dealer at no charge to you.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Seems to be all over the place. Had my car at Holden last week & was trying to get them to upgrade the firmware which apparently updates the map as well - So I've been told. The excuse was the Bluetooth was problematic. In reality we hadn't had any noticeable problem, but when they tested it they couldn't get iPhones to connect at all & landed up resetting the system.

I haven't noticed any dramas with connecting an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5, but rarely receive calls & never stream music (I just plug it in) so there may be issues in receiving or making calls that I've just never had the chance to experience.

mannypapa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys an update from today.

Spoke to the dealer, he said to bring the car in asap, which I will tomorrow. But this afternoon while the wife was driving I notice when we approached a speed camera, the "voice in" displayed and made a constant click or ding sound, sounded like clipping. I don't think its the bluetooth but its actually the sat nav warning me. Mind you I do have the aftermarket sat nav installed. It loads up as "HiTV" when nav button is pressed.

Now I also noticed when I overspeed in a 50km zone it would also cut the music off and "voice in" etc BUT, it would actually announce that I am speeding.

So I think its the Sat Nav rather than the bluetooth. I was told by the dealer that this sat nav is exactly like the standard holden one, I think hes wrong. I will take it up with them tomorrow.

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
well just thought i would let you know.. i updated my iPhone5 IOS to 6.1 2 days ago and the bluetooth function seems to be working properly now... no need to do the double transfer when you answer the phone

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Good to know, will update tomorrow ;)

bloke04

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ( sold) Vy wagon,.. sold, ve wagon
Having issues with my I ph 5 too.. firm ware updated to 6.1.3 Still cannot voice dial without it dropping out. I have 2012 model car with iq. Have called holden informed me they can't do anything yet to fix it. Sort of defeats the purpose of having hands free huh.