Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE2 Stereo wiring

Adamski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 Ute
In this thread holdenboy refers to the white plug going to nowhere with the brown/yellow wire and black wire in it. I'm wiring up an LOC and while the panels are off for that I want to run my remote turn on wire for the amp. Would this brown/yellow wire be appropriate or is there a better option? I will be bypassing the standard system by running a 4 channel amp with Kicker splits in the doors and a Cadence sub, therefore I need the amp to be on whenever the head unit is on.

Cheers :beer chug:

Adamski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 Ute
This might seem like a silly question but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Due to me mounting the amp under my passenger seat and having the battery about 30cms away from the power terminals on the amp, I can run my +ve and -ve leads from the battery to the amp can't I? I don't see the point in drilling a hole to put in a ground lead if I can go direct to the battery so easily.

On another note, I went into Holden today to see if they could enable the rear channels on my iQ system and they said they had no idea how to operate it. I thought they were bum steering me until the bloke said 'just get up into the wiring and do your thing man, I can't help you'.

Cheers,

Adam.