Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"Veeer" sound when drivng...

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
I'm guessing its not a problem as my old VX did this and my grandpa's Astra (jn Germany) also does it. Come to think of it a lot of Holdens I've sat in do it.

When I drive my Caprice, I hear a "Veeer" sound when driving the car.

For educational purposes; I'm just curious as to what this sound could be?

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
when it reverses?

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
I think you are talking about when u are cruising at like 90 with the windows up and accelerate slowly? That is the gearbox that you can hear over the engine i think.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
when it reverses?

No, when driving forwards. Hard to explain... how do you describe a sound....

Sounds like something spinning maybe. Like I said, most Holdens I've been in have the sound. I'm just curious not worried.

I think you are talking about when u are cruising at like 90 with the windows up and accelerate slowly? That is the gearbox that you can hear over the engine i think.

More noticeable when accelerating slow... you can hear the sound windows closed. Happens when driving at any speed as I recall. I'll listen next time if it changes when gears change.

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
No, when driving forwards. Hard to explain... how do you describe a sound....

Sounds like something spinning maybe. Like I said, most Holdens I've been in have the sound. I'm just curious not worried.

More noticeable when accelerating slow... you can hear the sound windows closed. Happens when driving at any speed as I recall. I'll listen next time if it changes when gears change.

Won't hear it when you change gears :) engine revving too high. Should mainly happen in 4th gear. You can hear it the best when no other noise is around. Late at night etc.

M100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
I know the sound ur talking about. I heard it the other day when a VT was driving by, probably about 60km/h or so. It seems that all of them do it, but some are worse than others. Always wondered what it was also!

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
The only sound I hear when accellerating my modded Supercharged VY Calais is the passenger yelling out SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT - THAAAAAAATS FAAAST !!!!!!!!! not VEEEERRR!!!!!!!

Sabbath

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VY2 Clubsport
tyre noise?

silversv8

VY GTO 4 DOOR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY GTO 4 DOOR
I would say its the powersteer pump!!! Think about it everyone, veeeeerrrrrrrr