Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vehicle Modifications

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
lmao!

i have to say im quite jealous of austrailia though... you have proper commodores not a watered down "omega" with the biggest engine available being a v6 :(

Australia is just covered in bubble wrap these days, too many stupid laws.....

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
The thing is modifying your car and doing it all "legal" will make it easier to clear a defect.

It will in no way stop you from getting a defect.

Police in NSW can defect you if they believe the vehicle to be un-roadworthy. It can be a dead stock car, and they can defect it.

You can fully legitimate engineer papers and they can defect it.

Police don't have to be able to prove that your vehicle is unroadworthy / doesnt comply with ADR's, they just have to reasonably suspect.

The thing is when they give you a defect, you cannot dispute it. You still have to go and stuff about to get it cleared and rectified.

Best thins is to have a GOOD attitude, that always helps.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
The thing is modifying your car and doing it all "legal" will make it easier to clear a defect.

It will in no way stop you from getting a defect.

Police in NSW can defect you if they believe the vehicle to be un-roadworthy. It can be a dead stock car, and they can defect it.

You can fully legitimate engineer papers and they can defect it.

Police don't have to be able to prove that your vehicle is unroadworthy / doesnt comply with ADR's, they just have to reasonably suspect.

The thing is when they give you a defect, you cannot dispute it. You still have to go and stuff about to get it cleared and rectified.

Best thins is to have a GOOD attitude, that always helps.

Unless you deal with a motorbike cop, in which case, you wont leave without a defect.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Unless you deal with a motorbike cop, in which case, you wont leave without a defect.

You have one of them to. We recently got a motorbike cop down here, Slapping canaries out left right and centre, so I made sure my car didnt leave the shed lol.
Apparently a real arsehole, but he seems to have moved on, was only in town for two or so weeks.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I'd have to say theres more than one, considering the 8 i saw at the servo heading towards the drags the last time they were run (years).

I'm not sure if i keep getting the same one, but 3 times i've been defected by bike cops. The only time the outcome has been as it should be was when i pulled into a bretho, and got a free inspection. Later finding that 3 corners of my car were legal height, yet it was level all the way around. The difference a piece of plastic makes....

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I'd have to say theres more than one, considering the 8 i saw at the servo heading towards the drags the last time they were run (years).

I'm not sure if i keep getting the same one, but 3 times i've been defected by bike cops. The only time the outcome has been as it should be was when i pulled into a bretho, and got a free inspection. Later finding that 3 corners of my car were legal height, yet it was level all the way around. The difference a piece of plastic makes....

We have 60 bike cops in Adelaide. 30 based at Port Adelaide, 30 based at Holden Hill. All male too.

I swear 80% have mustaches as well. My defect isfrom a motorbike cop for 3mm too low at the rear left hand side only.

HotRodVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT-Berlina
State by State rules STILL apply,T.A.C. is different in every state. This I know as an eX-T.A.C. advisor for Australian Street Rod Federation. :)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
What the hell is a T.A.C advisor? Traffic Accident Commission?