Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vehicle Modifications

SUSS8

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 Holden Calais VR V8
Hey everyone, I have been searching but haven't had any luck, my brother is looking at completing his VY R8 as he's done pretty much what he can N/A and we were looking to find what the rules are as having something out of the bonnet. We were told you can have like a filter hanging out by only about 4mm. Any ideas ? Were lookin at maybe blowing it. Also were in VIC.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Hey everyone, I have been searching but haven't had any luck, my brother is looking at completing his VY R8 as he's done pretty much what he can N/A and we were looking to find what the rules are as having something out of the bonnet. We were told you can have like a filter hanging out by only about 4mm. Any ideas ? Were lookin at maybe blowing it. Also were in VIC.

I think it's 14cm, and any moving parts have to be covered by a scoop or some ****.

m.c ren

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv vs s2 clubsport
if your in vic foret about it, doesnt matter what the law states, they will book you

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac manual/VE sportswagon omega Z-series
Im looking to have a engine built early next year V6 4.2 supercharged stroker has anyone had any luck getting engineering cert/Mod plated in NSW?

Thanks Problemchild

vxcustom

VXXX
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx v6 executive
The answer to your question is in Victoria you are allowed to make one intake modification. Any more than this and the epa will get you regardless of adrs. Fitting a pod filter = one intake change, bigger throttle body = one intakek change so both together do not meet the requirements and are therefore defectable.

JDK5

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore v6
hey i have a vn commy v6 with 235000km on the clock and was wondering if anyone knew how long the engine would live for after a turbo is installed?? thanks

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
this is a piece of string:
A-Piece-of-String.jpg

now as soon as you can tell me how long it is, then i can tell you how long the motor will live.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
hey i have a vn commy v6 with 235000km on the clock and was wondering if anyone knew how long the engine would live for after a turbo is installed?? thanks

Think of it this way.

1. Old, probably tired engine.
2. Add turbo and young? driver, who obviously wants lots more power and performance (why else would you fit a turbo?) in a car which never had brakes and handling to match the power it was built with when new.
3. Out for first drive.
4. Rod(s) exit block at warp speed/VN fails to take first bend at warp speed. (whichever comes first)
5. Dead motor/driver (see 4).

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
this is a piece of string:
A-Piece-of-String.jpg

now as soon as you can tell me how long it is, then i can tell you how long the motor will live.

It's twice as long as half it's length.
So that must mean his engine will last twice as long as half its age. :rofl2:

Brendan Taukamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss commodore 2003 manual
Hey anybody out there knw how many bolts in bel housing on t56 gearbox on my vy ss commodore manual tryn too pull out gear box but think there is a sneaky bolt somewhere have a total of 8 cheers