Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vehicle registration after L67 motor swap into an N/A VT

chrismoddy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 and VT-S L67 M5
Drives okay and everything? Did you just get a memcal made up or did you do something else ECU wise?

Drives really good now mate. Nothing else done ECU wise. Just got a memcal made up.

When I first did the conversion years ago I bought a memcal from someone on fleabay which turned out to be basically a L67 standard auto tune with the manual flags ticked.

Drove like crap during the slow speed stuff like carparks etc. Was a bit jerky at times. An absolute pig. Started and ran fine and went good in the higher revs though.

Did some research on here and the PCM hacking site. Found a guy that did me a solid and gave me a good base tune loaded onto a memcal. Lower spark and RPM tables adjusted similar to what an N/A Ecotec manual would be.

I've since played around with a few tunes over the years and made the slightest of adjustments here and there to his base tune.

Been driving like a dream for years now. Lots of fun!

chrismoddy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 M6 and VT-S L67 M5
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd report back on how it went..

Was able to update the engine number on the VT today. Rego inspection station charged me $40 to sight the engine number and complete the form. No appointments needed they just walked out and did it on the spot.

Showed up to the shopfront later that day and they printed the new papers for me at no cost, then off I went.

No mention by them of having a manual trans behind an L67 which was good (Cars a factory manual on file).

Thanks for all the advice.

Cheers