Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VEII SSV Redline edition - Mods started now check engine light

travisd1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS-V Redline Edition
GSK101 - This happened after i installed a MAF version OTR.

kye.s SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
vessv
ok just fitted vcm with MAF drove last night quickly OK .DRove today after breather pipe mod,ok for 10 kms then when idling at lights engine light came up...ANy dramas if i keep driving,

unitary

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II SSV Redline Ute
Same with me, took her into the boys at VCM to check my installation, turned out she was running a little lean at idle and the tweaked the mix for me.

This might be a common issue with the L77 Engine - I too was running E85 at the time.

No problems since the tweak.

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
ok just fitted vcm with MAF drove last night quickly OK .DRove today after breather pipe mod,ok for 10 kms then when idling at lights engine light came up...ANy dramas if i keep driving,

Same with me, took her into the boys at VCM to check my installation, turned out she was running a little lean at idle and the tweaked the mix for me.

This might be a common issue with the L77 Engine - I too was running E85 at the time.

No problems since the tweak.

Same has happened to me. Its not consistent though, I reset the battery and it stops for a few weeks. Might drop in to vcm then.

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
I just got off the phone to vcm and they said its not a prolem, the sensors just pick up the extra air flow into the engine. Extra air with the same fuel leans the engine out marginally. The amount is outside the narrow factory sensor range but isn't a problem. Apparently the cars run a little rich stock anyway. It will all be fixed in a tune (to which he said the tune will be more lean then it is now, but will have the correct coding so as to not bring up the check engine light.