Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vent your VN/VP frustrations here

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
yep engine rebuilder seems to be a failure. They're a shop that should know better too, a pretty big one just outside the ACT.

If only you'd kept a journal Jordan, you could have had Consumer Affairs on them by now!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'll make my list

All systems go, fully operational as allways

Dunno what you do to your car :)? oh that's right, you have the wrong engine in it :p

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
haha took the misses out to dinner last night (used the mighty VN) - she winged and bitched all the way there and back again. Stato seat too hard, a/c too cold, vent would not close, rattled, cherpted into second, rear left tyre scrapped the rear gaurd through the big dip in the road - on and on and on.

Should have stopped - kicked her out and told her to walk home. But I didn't - I'm weak. :) Just said I'd fix it all up next day off.......

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
My main complaint is the interior rattles and the power windows not working. My rear drivers side one has been playing up for years.

All the rest come from wear and tear and are to be expected.

The rear window could be the connectors in the door. I looked at the wagons' and they look good. Still no work. Gave them a bit of sanding and bingo. up n down they go - albeit slowly:p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
haha took the misses out to dinner last night (used the mighty VN) - she winged and bitched all the way there and back again. Stato seat too hard, a/c too cold, vent would not close, rattled, cherpted into second, rear left tyre scrapped the rear gaurd through the big dip in the road - on and on and on.

Should have stopped - kicked her out and told her to walk home. But I didn't - I'm weak. :) Just said I'd fix it all up next day off.......

My dads friend has a LC Torana that hes had since about 1970. It's mint doesn't get driven much etc only mod it has is a nice cam and extractors and zoorst. He's got a posh little grand daughter that hates being in it because it's embarrasing for her because it's old :). So one nice sunny day he took her for a drive in it and shes all like I hate this car, its old crap etc etc. And he goes, ok ok but you do realise it's got a door :)

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
My dads friend has a LC Torana that hes had since about 1970. It's mint doesn't get driven much etc only mod it has is a nice cam and extractors and zoorst. He's got a posh little grand daughter that hates being in it because it's embarrasing for her because it's old :). So one nice sunny day he took her for a drive in it and shes all like I hate this car, its old crap etc etc. And he goes, ok ok but you do realise it's got a door :)

Man that made my day - yep the car's got a door :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Man that made my day - yep the car's got a door :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ahhhh, that sentiment has crossed my mind...........and my lips a few times:D

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
yep engine rebuilder seems to be a failure. They're a shop that should know better too, a pretty big one just outside the ACT.

If only you'd kept a journal Jordan, you could have had Consumer Affairs on them by now!

haha and u got me to do yours after my first failure BUAHAHA

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
The rear window could be the connectors in the door. I looked at the wagons' and they look good. Still no work. Gave them a bit of sanding and bingo. up n down they go - albeit slowly:p

What gets me is that I did get it 'fixed' by the auto electrician, and they drilled out the power window motor, pulled it apart, cleaned it up and re-installed it. I also had some dodgy wiring repaired a few years back too.

I'm going to set aside an afternoon soon to go through it with a multimeter to find out exactly whats going on :bang: