Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VEO55 - SS-V Ute

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Have just finished installing fully integrated touchscreen navigation on the factory Blaupunkt colour LCD.
The GPS computer is running iGO Primo 2.4, with Text-to-Speech, Lane Guidance, Points of Interest and Speed Cameras.
The Nav Interface from HiTv (Quasi) allows use of the NAV button, RGB Input and Voice Input. I have used a basic 4-wire touchscreen overlay, fitted between the LCD and Bezel.
The computer itself is a generic Chinese unit, it has great speed and accuracy.

643067ed8cfcf32c4dca8dcfad5a3163_zpsd0fdfd66.jpg

3561baebfb8d0a2bf92b268cb14a990c_zpsdbce97b8.jpg

3ed7a8f0f9a0e0e66556eb8d9b4cbb00_zps99cc2b7d.jpg

That is an awesome mod! How did you manage that? And if you don't mind how much did it cost?

Sick looking ute btw

VEO55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
That is an awesome mod! How did you manage that? And if you don't mind how much did it cost?

Sick looking ute btw

Thanks mate,

It took a lot of mucking around and research. I didn't come up with any brain wave ideas, it has all been done before to an extent. I have just put everything together and made it work.

The parts were sourced from various places, I extracted the touchscreen from a Jeep Mygig system, GPS from eBay, loom from Holden and the interface from HiTv... But it is not a part they would generally sell to the public. Adding everything up I would estimate it cost ~$500 so defiantly worth it, not that it gets used much.. But it's cool!

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Thanks mate,

It took a lot of mucking around and research. I didn't come up with any brain wave ideas, it has all been done before to an extent. I have just put everything together and made it work.

The parts were sourced from various places, I extracted the touchscreen from a Jeep Mygig system, GPS from eBay, loom from Holden and the interface from HiTv... But it is not a part they would generally sell to the public. Adding everything up I would estimate it cost ~$500 so defiantly worth it, not that it gets used much.. But it's cool!

Yea that's bloody cheap compared to sourcing a GPS enabled unit. I'm in the planning stages of doing the reversing camera and would have liked to do GPS but ruled it out because of cost. But this seems achievable.

Are you able to point me in the direction of your sources for research? Might be a bit over my head as I'm not amazing with the electrical side of things but I'm always up for a challenge.

dwoodzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
hey mate love your ute. how do you get that compartment in the tray? would love that in mine :)

VEO55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Hey mate I'm thinking of putting a sunroof in my Vy Ss ute. Would you recommend the same model as you have used? Also where did you get it from? I can find plenty of places who install them but no one to just supply

I purchased the sunroof from Express Tinting at Underwood. They were selling it as old stock on eBay, not something they do regularly. I think it was just chance I saw it on there as soon as it was posted. I'm not 100% if it will fit VY, but defiantly the Hollandia Compact 300 should be alright.