Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Verajet ll tuneing

B

bazzee

Can any one help with Verajet tuneing on 86 3.3 Exceutive. Is rebuilt carb. Goes well when warm, stalls when cold. Also EST light comes on when warm, has new dizzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore sl
varijet problems and est

hey bazzee, i see u posted this in oldholden.com as well, i replied there and copied my suggestions here too..

better off getting a dizzy from a blue motor vh preferably or the black injected motor dizzy, once the est light goes on there are a few sensors that could be at fault, and all cost money. once the est light goes on it is in limp home mode and that really screws around performance and ecconomy. i got a blue dizzy with leads and everything, from pick n payless, i broke the dizzy drive gear on purpose at the joint so id get it cheaper ;) because i asked the guy how much they are and he said $120 with everything needed etc.. i got mine for $60 then bought the dizzy drive gear for $15 and voila works perfectly.

as for ur starting cold problems with the carby, id suggest the automatic choke could be playing up, check if theres voltage going to the choke, if there is u can richen up the choke by turning it to the right 1 point and turning in the choke fast idle screw in to get the right idle.

the varijet can be a **** of a thing to work on somtimes, and the est problem is not helping one bit. i promise u once u put on the blue/black dizzy on and set it up right u will be amazed how much better the motor goes.

all the best, and i did have a diagnostic sheet for the est sumwhere around, il see if i can find it.

-Cam