Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Very annoying horn problem...

Marco-EFIVL

Now driving R34 GT-T taxi
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Skyline, R34 GT-T (RB25DET NEO) sedan
Hey guys. Well I've had this SAAS steering wheel on my car for about 3 weeks, and nearly every time I go to turn, with the indicators on, my horn goes off. Since I do tend to be a courteous driver, it urks me every time it happens and I'm starting to loose my patience... What could possibly be wrong?

Plus I got the Boss from repco, and it is the right one.... I'm guessing something electrical.... Any ideas?

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Mine does the same, except I've got a standard steering wheel;)

When I used a puller to pull the wheel off to replace the indicator some of the springs sort of popped out. (Long time ago) in the end, I had a auto bloke put the switch in and reassemble the wheel and the springs but when I go around a hard left corner (especially when the weathers hot) the horn goes off:whistling

I reckon it might be the springs around the horn mechanism (Maybe) I must fix mine one day:D

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Bad earth methinks, hard to figure out whats earthing with the wheel fitted too so good luck.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
welcome to the vl. its usually something in the indicator stalk causing the problme.
pull hte wheel off, clean all the shavings and **** out, put a new stalk in and lightly regrease its goodies. problem solved.

mine did the same, air horns and getting home from work at 6am... i wasnt popular with the share housers.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
you just won't pass rego without a horn, no problem.

my horn only works when it wants too, but doesn't carry on like yours.

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
it will be the two wires that conect to paqd mine done it they wear down with turning and small bare patches apear when u turn they touch and beep LOL

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
old thread i know but i didnt want to start a new one, but mine does the same thing and was wondering whats the easiest way to disconnect the horn? it will only be for a week or two untill i have time to adjust the indicator stalk

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Find the horn behind the bumper on the left hand side of the car and just disconnect the wires from it. Easy done :)