Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Very Annoying problem!!

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
hey guess, ive had an annoying problem i just havent been bothered posting it before, but here it goes, my vr v6 executive has power windows in the front (i installed them a few months back), ive notice for a while (not sure if it did it be4 i put windows in or not) that i start me car start to dirve off, the headunit idicators power windows and windscreen wipers all fail too work :mad: theres no power to the switchs on power windows as the lights dont come up on them, the only way to get them goin again is pull over, turn car off and start car again .. now its dose this probably 1 time in every 3 wks, any suggestions? cheers

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
check your wiring, spark plugs etc for a loose connection.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
ok cheers, wot would spark plugs ahve to do with it? ive replaced them and the leads since the problem started any way and hasnt fixed it, ive had a quick browse and the wiring seems to be in tact ill look more thorough on weekend tho

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Did you use factory wiring or make up the circuits? - are the wipers, headunit plus windows are all on the same circuit? The wipers should have a relay. Do you have the right BCM for power windows? (all probably irrelevant questions!)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
maybe a dodgy relay somewhere. have you used the orginal holden wiring setup, if so, check the original wiring diagram and see if any of these things have anything in common in the wiring

theburna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
either a dodgy relay plate that carries a number of relays as the radio and wipers and windows are all seperate wiring.
Either you or past owners may have tapped in to an origin wiring source, cut the cable to put an extra wire in and then left a loose fitting.
Very dangerous and can cause fires, often behind the dash.
A fire is a good source of a laugh for you family and friends when you describe how much you **** your pants trying to stop the car and jump out whilst it burns around you.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
i havent had time to recheck all my wiring :(, once ive got a spare moment i will look and let you all know, cheers

yyg998vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Blue VS ute 5spd
did you put the put the windows in yourself

do the wiring yourself, i heard that the series 2 has the wiring already in the doors

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
yea my series one had the wiring in doors already, i checked all my wiring and nuffin seems wrong. its only done it once since i posted this the other day/week though and i noticed if i left it for a while (about 30 secs) my wipers started to go and it was all good again :s

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
ok well its really worrying me now :s coz i started me car today and made one hell of a noise, the noise like wen u turn the key wen the cars already started :s
can find any dodgy wiring all fuses and relays seem fine