Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Very concerning sound upon startup...

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Here is a bit of fun but hey what does he know ...

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
By the time issues may turn up you would be out of warranty and even if you were within warranty it is up to you to prove it and they are generally more cashed up than you.

If you follow the manufacturers servicing recommendations, then any issue within warranty is up to them to rectify, no ifs or buts. Even outside of warranty, you will have a much better chance of goodwill if you have had the car serviced on time according to recommendations. Failing that, ACL will generally fall on the side of the consumer even out of warranty, giving consideration to the reasonable expected lifespan of the vehicle or any of its components.

I am not an oil chemistry engineer

Yet you used the word 'yech' to describe the condition of what looks to be oil in perfectly normal condition. Why would you think 4500km old modern oil is no longer doing its job effectively? If that were the case, we would have a plethora of failed or damaged engines in modern cars..and there is simply zero evidence of that.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here is a bit of fun but hey what does he know ...

He is rightfully challenging the fallacy of leaving oil in cars for 20000 miles....??

20000 miles = 32000kms..show me where anyone on this thread suggests we leave oil in anywhere near that long..?

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
20000 miles = 32000kms..show me where anyone on this thread suggests we leave oil in anywhere near that long..?

Mate you are just trolling ...

How about you quit contaminating the OP's thread? Its not an oil change thread.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Look mate its pretty obvious

Mate you are just trolling ...

How about you quit contaminating the OP's thread? Its not an oil change thread.

Ok, I'm going to suggest you've been drinking heavily tonight. Your responses are indicative of that.

Back to the VB-VK forum perhaps..?

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Ok, I'm going to suggest you've been drinking heavily tonight. Your responses are indicative of that.

Back to the VB-VK forum perhaps..?

Funny you say that i was thinking its a full moon and you probably had a few, got no mates and the missus is tired of you ;)

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Funny you say that i was thinking its a full moon and you probably had a few, got no mates and the missus is tired of you ;)

Oh dear..thank God school holidays are over in a week.

Seeya champ..

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
OK no worries was just curious. Thanks for your reply.
Service is due in March so will get the oil changed then. I don't use the car much now as I just changed jobs and catch a bus to work now. FYI previously the car was driven to work everyday in Sydneys wonderful traffic so although my overall KMS are low (19,500km) the car has been used mainly in start stop traffic. Now she will serve as a weekend cruiser.