Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Very puzzling start issue with VZ

Hazadad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 2006
This is similar to other threads re VZ not starting, but with a twist. My son's 06 VZ won't turn over, fuel reads zero, immobiliser light on. Fitted new battery, replaced starter and relays, fuses etc. Checked earth leads, tried both ignition keys which lock/unlock car no problem. Tried holding unlock button, tried locking/unlocking whils in car. Tried leaving key in for 2 hours, tried everything others have said to try, but no good.
Here is the twist, when briefly spark main power lead on starter motor to engine, the fuel pump immediately starts and the car will start fine and run. When i replaced the starter motor, it started perfect for about 24hrs, then back to having to spark the starter lead. Any ideas would be much appreciated been chasing my tail for 2 months now.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Only thing i can think you could do is get a hold of a key head/PIM/BCM/ECU set and swap them over.

The other part of starting the car outside of what you have checked is controlled by the ECU and BCM.