Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Very Rare Find

Long time fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Today I was lucky enough to pick up a VN factory V8 manual Calais. They're pretty rare by all accounts I've seen.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
pics or it didnt happen?

is it clean and unmolested?

Long time fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
pics or it didnt happen?

is it clean and unmolested?

Lol hakhawk.

Largely unmolested which makes it an even better find.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
nice...

now all you have to do is ditch those side skirts, paint the lower half silver, sills/bar lowers black, and track down some door side molds...

should look like this

226853_10150248317553529_777903528_8763348_6907470_n.jpg

Long time fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Thanks hi ryder. The skirts are original factory option and fitted then. Car was reprayed 2 years ago by previous owner. He decided to have it painted all white. I intend to return the original lower half colour. I also want to track down some badges and put them back on.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
just because its a factory option doesn't mean it looks good. ss lowers on a calais makes the car look like its has loaded diapers hanging off the sills and bar lowers..... but thats just my opinion.

most likely youll have holes drilled in the front and back bars to fit those lowers anyway, so even if you did want to take them off you'd have to fill the holes or source some second hand bumpers...

actually id be interested to see the broadcast sheet on this car. should be under the carpet in the passenger front footwell.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
VN skirts can look nice done right. It doesn't help that the car looks like grandmas Sunday special and the kit is incomplete. Nice pick up mate.

SS1.jpg

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
looks good on an ss.

an ss....

plus previous owner recons they were a factory option, but his side skirt looks like one piece. aftermarket?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
One piece would be aftermarket for sure.

Long time fan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
That's good to know about the skirts. I was under the impression that the formula kit was an factory option, so I just assumed it was original because it has the other options like LSD and rims. Makes sense now because I was wondering why it had the bumpers, and skirts but not the wing. If it isn't original, I can get rid of it. I'm happy for anyone to pick up and comment on all the non original bits. I'll post up more pics tonight so you can spot all of the post factory add-ons and replacement parts. I aim to make it as close to original as possible. I've already identified a few, so it will be interesting to see what everyone else picks up.