Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VERY REGRETFULY!! - Gauge problems - interferance?

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
cheers bro that would be wicked!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
running gauges and what not off the one source is good and well, but coz u've jumped it off the cig curcuit, u have to remember that other parts of the elec loom also run off it.

i personnally think as others have said, run a new power source from the battery, hook it thru a relay so it flicks on when acc is on, and then run it to ur gauges. too much load on 1 curcuit is never good, this alone could be the cause. another thing, find a good grounding spot and earth it straight to the body.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
on my car i wired my gauges to the ignition wire from the key which is a good thick wire, the earths are going straight to the body and i havnt had any probs. i have a volt, oil press, and air/fuel gauge and they all work fine.

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
how hard was that to do? you got a step by step?

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
its pretty easy if you have some basic wiring experience. i soldered one wire onto the ignition wire which is under the steering wheel which then went through a fuse and then to one of my guages then i ran a wire from that gauge to the next one and from that gauge to the next one. you need a test light to find the ignition wire or acc wire, i used the ignition wire so that i can see how much my volt gauge goes down when i crank the engine as the acc cuts out when you crank the engine

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
sweer sa, ive got prety much the same wiring set up at the mo, all three gauges join at the fuze and then connect to the cig lighter power, so all ill have to do is find the right wire and move them over?