Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

very wierd issue i need help bad

buster1192

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
i have a vr berlina and recently my power windows decided they will only have power for about a minute or 2 after i unlock the car and my interior light stays on unless i use the dash switch to turn it on and off i recently had to replace my fuel regulator and alternater what could the prob be and how do i fix it

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
As for the windows, does this happen when the engine is on or just after unlocking without starting the car?
Are you sure you have the interior light switch is on the right setting? There are 3 settings, off, constantly on and on when a door is opened or the car is unlocked.
These are simple things I know, but I don't know if you have just recently bought this car and you are not quite familiar with it yet or you've had it for ages and these are definite problems.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
in VR's sedans there isn't the option to turn off the interior light,(well my old one there wasn't, thats why the cop ones have the fog light button installed to turn it off) they just go off with the door, you can turn on the interior light with the door shut but not turn it off with the door open, hope that makes sense. Your interior light and power windows will have power when you unlock the car by remote key (most cases) but will only stay powered for a few minutes (enough time to use the windows before you start the car - Holden?)

The interior light should turn off (30 secs?) after you close the door or immediately when you start the car. is it staying on when you start the car with the doors shut? if so i would say a door switch is the problem.

buster1192

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
i have had this car for a while now and it loses power with or with out the engine started it only just started doing it recently

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I would say your BCM might be faulty it controls all of the function you mentioned,its a black box under your dash in the fuse panel with two big plugs in it

CoMrAdE MaRx23

CoMrAdE MaRx23
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 1995
If you replaced the alternator you proably reset the bcm. to ajust your light options take it to a dealer and tell them what you want your interior light what to do, and they will set it on the Teck 1. It's pretty cheap.

buster1192

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
the interior light isnt really the prob im more concerned with the elec windows losing power a minute or 2 after i unlock the car and to get em to work again i have to turn my car off and lock and unlock my doors