Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VEs are much superior to VFs. Discus.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Surely it’s the other way around?
HG/HK is slower, less comfortable, noisier, handles worse, brakes worse, less safe, less roomy ... isn’t it the Yaris in this equation?

It all depends what you are looking for but you can find comfort, safety, braking etc in a camry.
Noisier is the first thing half the guys here do to the ve/vf lol.

What i mean by a yaris is just bland styling and the way a evoke/omega looks much like a redline.

A good old muscle car is not slow at all especially with the right driveline and they are not bland like the modern vehicles.
if you just want to go fast a ricer could fill that slot or you could get a old cresta and dump a barra into it and blow the doors off half of the v8 commodores on this forum, the lolvo goes hard too.

Like anything it all comes down to personal preference and i still like my vf over the ve but i like the older ones better :D

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
The VF looks more modern than this VE

5b2372bf1e9de102a92af468bd30a1f9.jpg

VF rules!
received_1188367334889207.jpeg

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
true but real muscle cars are ones built around the 70's they have the look, the sound and if done right the power.
all these new ones are like "plastic muscle" lol but i guess it all comes down to what you grew up with, my first car was a vh charger and i wish i never sold it lol because i have been searching for one for a while that is not punched to restore.
My second car was a VJ Charger 360 4spd. Built it myself. Still miss it.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
It all depends what you are looking for but you can find comfort, safety, braking etc in a camry.
Noisier is the first thing half the guys here do to the ve/vf lol.

What i mean by a yaris is just bland styling and the way a evoke/omega looks much like a redline.

A good old muscle car is not slow at all especially with the right driveline and they are not bland like the modern vehicles.
if you just want to go fast a ricer could fill that slot or you could get a old cresta and dump a barra into it and blow the doors off half of the v8 commodores on this forum, the lolvo goes hard too.

Like anything it all comes down to personal preference and i still like my vf over the ve but i like the older ones better :D
Me too, until you drive them...

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

There's a beautiful example of the VF Pacer around the corner from me, the old fellow who owns it (the hide of me calling someone old) washes it regularly but hasn't driven it in about 5 years because he had to hand his licence in. I told him to drop in and see me the day he decides to sell it.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
But only because you’d then sell the Monaro, buy another VF and pay off the mortgage to boot.
Not because you actually want to drive the Monaro.

That definitely did cross my mind but I don't have a mortgage and I intend to keep the VF so if someone offered a cool swap like that I'd keep the Monaro instead and wait until the arse falls out of the VF market a grab another down the track.

I'm still patiently waiting for cheap LE cars.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
There's a beautiful example of the VF Pacer around the corner from me, the old fellow who owns it (the hide of me calling someone old) washes it regularly but hasn't driven it in about 5 years because he had to hand his licence in. I told him to drop in and see me the day he decides to sell it.

Thats heartbreaking :(