Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VEs are much superior to VFs. Discus.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I wouldn't think twice to clean swap my VF for a '73 Monaro.
Stop it. No, really. I would likely kill myself trying to slow down today without a full set of ABS disk brakes.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
There's a beautiful example of the VF Pacer around the corner from me, the old fellow who owns it (the hide of me calling someone old) washes it regularly but hasn't driven it in about 5 years because he had to hand his licence in. I told him to drop in and see me the day he decides to sell it.

Refer him on mate. Hardtop?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Valid points. But what does the VE have to do with one of these?

7-C56-CDA3-F921-4-EFE-B91-A-E49-F1313-AEF6.jpg

Agreed. Also try throwing a VE!!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Thats heartbreaking :(

Yes it is.
Sadly age eventually catches up with all of us and now his passion is left to looking, washing and reminiscing.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Refer him on mate. Hardtop?

Yes a Hardtop with an old unrestored VF Wayfarer parked next to it.

The Wayfarer doesn't quite do it for me but I'm sure there are plenty of Chrysler guys that would climb over each other to get to it.

I think he's me like me, they'll sit there until he dies or someone else takes the decision out of his hands.

There was an elderly couple further down the street who went to a nursing home a few years ago, the house was sold and I often wondered what happen to the '55 Chevy Pickup that was in the garage as they had no surviving children to pass it on too.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
who would rather a old valiant,torana or monaro than a vf ls3 , i once spoke to ian tate and in his own words those old cars were all heaps of **** to drive compared to late model commodores
having owned fjs, ejs, ehs, hrs, hgs hts, hqs, hjs, lc, lj , lh , toranas, monaros, vh charger, vc val and others i have forgotten about i have to agree with what ian tate told me, those old cars nice to look at but heaps of **** to drive ride in compared to today's cars,
and i have to agree with him,
but some are worth alot more money
as for the VE i think the interior lets them down, ugly hand brake , just a bit backward
holden did a great job on the last model and the got the vf2 up to a world class car,
in fact its the best model car ever built in australia

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
There's a beautiful example of the VF Pacer around the corner from me, the old fellow who owns it (the hide of me calling someone old) washes it regularly but hasn't driven it in about 5 years because he had to hand his licence in. I told him to drop in and see me the day he decides to sell it.
Offer to take him for a drive in it.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yes it is.
Sadly age eventually catches up with all of us and now his passion is left to looking, washing and reminiscing.

My wife's 90 y/old pop does this with his 1920's Whippet.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Offer to take him for a drive in it.

I didn't miss that opportunity and said if he ever wanted to take it cruising I'd happily take him out in it but it's no longer registered.

I took him for a run in my XY instead, he said it was a noisy ol' fuker but he thinks his Pacer could take it.