Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VEs are much superior to VFs. Discus.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
**** ain't built to last any more, that's for sure.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
**** ain't built to last any more, that's for sure.
The average life of things like the HT Holden’s we’ve been talking about would be lucky to be 10 years ... a VF buyer would be Royally Shitted if it only lasted 10 years!

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Love my VE but couldn’t imagine how it would be superior to a VF in any way shape or form, model for model (I.e. ssv to ssv)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Love my VE but couldn’t imagine how it would be superior to a VF in any way shape or form, model for model (I.e. ssv to ssv)
VE was more expensive to build, the stuff they saved money on for VF was kinda hidden ... things like the underbody aero panels were deleted from VE. As the driver, the VF will always be the winner; maybe the person doing the servicing thinks VE is better? :)

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
VE was more expensive to build, the stuff they saved money on for VF was kinda hidden ... things like the underbody aero panels were deleted from VE. As the driver, the VF will always be the winner; maybe the person doing the servicing thinks VE is better? :)

My techie said back in April servicing the VF was 'very straightforward, just like the VZ' (he had previously serviced my VZ in transit 2 years back). The one quirk he talked about was the lack of a transmission dipstick, with nary a porthole window to check fluid level until the 150,000km scheduled auto transmission service. Funny that, as I spent almost a full day looking for the auto trans dipstick back in November...:oops:

Last edited:

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Some VFs came out with those aero panels have seen them on Calais and even SAPOL patrol cars funny enough

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
one thing that does sh!t me about modern vehicles is plastic parts.
during my monthly inspection this morning i find this
20200628-132649.jpg

after a few bolts i find a split starting in the plastic tank, it is 6 years old and not a major thing but still plastic parts sh!t me:mad:
Nup. Still trying to work out what I'm looking at here.
Please explain for the newbies like me.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I'm gonna guess a leak from the coolant over flow.

There was a thread the other day about someone else with a split coolant overflow tank.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Nup. Still trying to work out what I'm looking at here.
Please explain for the newbies like me.

it is dex-cool leaking from a split in the seam of the plastic tank on the radiator and it is pooling at the bottom of the radiator around the fins and seam on the left hand side of the vehicle.
basically if you start to see pink crap around your radiator you need to take a good look to locate the source before there is no pink crap left in the radiator lol.